Main Menu

2000AD Games

Started by Theblazeuk, 12 February, 2015, 01:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Inspired by http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/12/the-armchair-designer-judge-dredd/#more-268187

Pitch a 2000AD game! For now I'm just going to say I love the top few, relatively low budget ideas in the article bar 22ND CENTURY DEMOCRACY. Think a Telltale-style Judge Dredd (or many other thrills) game could actually be pretty bloody good, but also love the idea of Zombie Smasher style Block War game.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Timothy

Well there's no need to get personal. He was only asking.

JamesC

A skysurfing game in the vain of Wipeout or F-Zero.

Colin YNWA

IronGraham

Quote from: JamesC on 12 February, 2015, 02:36:58 PM
A skysurfing game in the vain of Wipeout or F-Zero.

ooo that one sounds fun once had a dream I was skysurfing
We're werewolves not swearwolves

Tiplodocus

ADVANCE WARS - but with Norts, Southers and GIs.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Zenith 666

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 February, 2015, 04:18:24 PM
ADVANCE WARS - but with Norts, Southers and GIs.

This please god this!you just won this thread.

Tiplodocus

Tiny Tips found Advance Wars in, of all places, the Windows App Store. "Gaming crack!" is how he described it. I agree.

Zenith 666

Didn't even know someone had made a clone of it surprised nintendo haven't crushed this.come on rebellion Rogue trooper wars would be great.i want an atalia jaegir commander unit.

NapalmKev

A First-Person shooter in the style of Bioshock. Dredd and Anderson (either together, or seperate campaigns) storming through a self-contained Block.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Tiplodocus

It IS Advance Wars.

it didn't occur to me that it might not be licensed. I shall write a letter and put a stop to it immediately.

Spaceghost

I'd like to see more small, mobile based games like Dredd vs Zombies. A turn based strategy based on the world of Rogue Trooper sounds like an ace idea Tips.

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

credo

Ooh this is one of my favourite ways of daydreaming ...

Top of the list is always an open-world Dredd game where you could switch seamlessly between the roles of Dredd (for big story moments), another judge (over whom you have RPG-like stat development - make them a tek, Psi, etc) and a citizen.

The last option is for wanton GTA style playing around - go futsie, illegally boing down the street, sky surf, become a bat-glider, steal a stub gun and leave a trail of left-hands across the city, visit Otto Sump's Ugly Emporium. It should, of course, always end in you being locked in a cube, gunned down by a judge, or killed by some random perp.

Turn-based strategy (or RTS) Norts vs. Southers sounds good, but I'd love a Fallout 3 Style open-world Rogue game. an RTS Bad Company on the other hand ...

My other 2000AD gaming dreams would be a Nemesis game in the style of Bayonetta, or Nikolai Dante as something in the style of Assassins Creed.

I don't think anything could do Stront justice.

sheridan

Quote from: credo on 13 February, 2015, 11:38:46 AM
I don't think anything could do Stront justice.
Not a fan of the Spectrum then?
The Killing