Main Menu

Marriage equality

Started by Famous Mortimer, 26 June, 2015, 05:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Oh they're fond of using hammers up here and no mistake. The equal marrige rights are now subject to a judicial review. Here's hoping a Judge makes a decision where those 108 venal, nasty pricks in the assembly can't and wont. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Mikey

And the irony is the two couples who have won the judicial review were the first two civil partnerships in the UK. If NI can be first with that surely it can allow equal marriage rights too.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Famous Mortimer

My friends with baby pictures as their avatars on Facebook have been changing to the rainbow colours in support of Pride. And I thought, I know we've still got a ways to go, but those kids stand a decent chance of growing up in a world where people don't give two hoots what the gender of people getting married is. And it made me cry with happiness.

Now we've just got to make sure they've got jobs and homes and aren't being bred for meat by some super-evil future 1% :)

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play.

Me, I've never held much with patriotism - whatever other people did to make life better on this stretch of muck in the ocean i happened to be born on, I wasn't around to help them so I can't claim any credit - I felt some real national pride last month when we voted Yes to gay marriage.
I love equality, and it seems more and more people are getting on board every day.  I'm also quite drunk right now, but I like to think I'll agree with myself in the morning

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Bloody glorious, isn't it? So happy for the peoples of America right now.