Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Has anyone else had a problem with their progs?

I am three saturdays down without a prog, coinciding with my Annual Subscription being taken at the start of the month - contacting Subs and they have put me on hold until Friday on the proviso that post can be three weeks delayed, but it seems to me that this is not normal!

I went out and bought 2201 last week, but no 2202 or 2203 as yet... If nothing turns up tomorrow, tempted to buy 2202 before it goes off the shelves and just ask for my sub to be pushed forward a couple of weeks.

I seem to recall having to get in touch with Subs last year with my annual renewal not "sticking", but they fixed it pretty quickly that time....anyone else have similar problems?

M.I.K.

I subscribed for the first time last week. I got a couple of subscriber gifts sent out to me but have yet to receive prog 2202. I was planning on sending an email tomorrow if nothing turns up.

Doesn't look as if anyone has 2203 yet.

Dandontdare

My sub failed to renew because my payment card had expired, but mail delivery has been so random since lockdown I hadn't noticed - I had only just decided I'd better call when they emailed me. That nice chap at Rebellion is backdating it and sending me a bundle of missed progs - just in time for my week off work!

Leigh S

I know for sure my £170 was taken 1st October, so it is pretty galling - I'm presuming the year ran out before the 1st October, but as they didnt take until then, it created a gap with prog 2201 and that has knacked my sub up (as I seem to recall happened last year) - why it is any different to the monthly sub I don't know (not had any gifts either, though I saw some advertised a few progs back?). 

I've just had a "how did we do?" email re the customer service... not sure yet!

M.I.K.

Now you mention it, the gifts I got were "2019 Subscription" ones, not the badges that were advertised.

Pyroxian

My copy of 2203 turned up on Saturday, but it's the first prog that has for a while. I did have chat with my postie earlier in the week and he apologised that my 'magazine' had been turning up late (I didn't bring up the subject, he did), but apparently it's across the board with all post that he's been regularly delivering.

dossa1uk

I thought I'd just check the forum and see if it wasn't just me, and...it wasn't just me!

Same here - 2201 and 2202 haven't been received at all, and 2203 didn't turn up on Saturday either. Very odd to be late AT ALL and have never had two (maybe three) progs go missing. It also tied in with my subscription renewing per OP.

I contacted customer services who first asked me to wait ten working days (for 2201) and then was told 2201 and 2202 would be re-sent, which I've yet to receive.

I'm relieved, in a way, as a bigger problem tends to get sorted quicker but I do wish they would just own up if there's been a problem.

Leigh S

Well I am still 3 progs adrift, or at least I would be if I ahdnt picked them up from the Newsagents. I've asked for my Sub to be pushed on 2 weeks instead, in the hope that might fix the problem next year... however no response yet to my suggestion - any luck yourself Dossa?

M.I.K.

I'm still waiting for a response as well, with no sign of the two progs I'm missing. Newsagents not an option for me.

dossa1uk

Quote from: Leigh S on 13 October, 2020, 04:24:32 PM
Well I am still 3 progs adrift, or at least I would be if I ahdnt picked them up from the Newsagents. I've asked for my Sub to be pushed on 2 weeks instead, in the hope that might fix the problem next year... however no response yet to my suggestion - any luck yourself Dossa?

Hmm.  Kinda. Received 2021 and 2022, but these were replacements sent by customer services. So, still haven't had a sniff of three progs in three successive weeks. Clearly not a postal problem, but some kind of picking error, I suppose?

Leigh S

That would be my guess - I have pointed the Customer Service people to this thread, so hopefully they will get back to me soon with the answer!

Quote from: dossa1uk on 13 October, 2020, 06:03:21 PM
Hmm.  Kinda. Received 2021 and 2022, but these were replacements sent by customer services. So, still haven't had a sniff of three progs in three successive weeks. Clearly not a postal problem, but some kind of picking error, I suppose?

dossa1uk

Quote from: Leigh S on 13 October, 2020, 06:17:09 PM
That would be my guess - I have pointed the Customer Service people to this thread, so hopefully they will get back to me soon with the answer!

Likewise. It's a bit odd. Mob rule!

moly

I had this issue when mine renewed in January, payment was taken and my account was updated after some discussions it appeared the renewal notification was sent to the dispatch team

Batman's Superior Cousin

Still haven't received this week's prog yet!!  :(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Kaijurand

Be thankful you don't live in the U.S. Last one I received was #2166.