Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Kaijurand on 13 October, 2020, 09:10:18 PM
Be thankful you don't live in the U.S. Last one I received was #2166.

Yikes - is that a postal sub or local comic store?

Leigh S

Oof!

Presumably Covid stopping the comic getting to you?  Hope you can get back on the Thrill train sooner rather than later!

M.I.K.

My Prog 2203 just turned up but still no sign of 2202.

Proudhuff

My deliveries have been haphazard over the last 3 issues, one a full week late, not sure about the current one either...
DDT did a job on me

13school

Quote from: Kaijurand on 13 October, 2020, 09:10:18 PM
Be thankful you don't live in the U.S. Last one I received was #2166.

I'm in Australia and was getting my progs from my LCS - last one here was also #2166.

I've been wanting to move from my LCS as the price was a bit steep, and was going to shift over to a subscription (the only two newsagents near me both closed within a fortnight of each other at the very start of the year), but considering the state of UK-Aus postage it currently doesn't sound like it'd be much of an improvement

broodblik

That is the reason I went digital, always up to date. Our post here in South Africa is notoriously late or get "lost".
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Finally gotten the latest Prog, about bloody time too!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Leigh S

No prog, no email - that's what you get when you rebel rouse on the forum!

Honestly, be nice to have just a holding email while they check out whats up.  £170 quid is no small biscuits!  I'm already buying progs here at more than the sub cost, to make up for their sneck up, so I can't see the problem with my suggestion....

Possibly I went too far in my last prog review....  :-\ :'( :-* :( >:(

dossa1uk

By way of update - CS got back to me, and have (hopefully) sorted the problem.  Essentially, I had been "missed off the print lists" when my subscription renewed.  Sounds like a tick box error, but have been assured it's been resolved now, with the missing progs in transit. 

Definitely worth a mail to CS if you're in a similar position, just to check if your renewal has been logged correctly.

Leigh S

Good news, Dossa - I have not had anything  :(

I'd like to think I've got sorted along with yourself, but I havent heard frm them for a week now - Tharg, if you are looking here, take pity on a poor Earthlet!  I'm already £6.20 down on buying two progs, let alone this weeks!

dossa1uk

Quote from: Leigh S on 16 October, 2020, 03:57:55 PM
Good news, Dossa - I have not had anything  :(

I'd like to think I've got sorted along with yourself, but I havent heard frm them for a week now - Tharg, if you are looking here, take pity on a poor Earthlet!  I'm already £6.20 down on buying two progs, let alone this weeks!

I had a similar problem, with email conversation just stopping. I've a sneaky suspicion that my mails either went to junk due to frequency, or they diverted to a particular member of CS, who may not have been available. So, I hurried things along by starting again via the web form, summing up what had been discussed previously. Got a quick reply and a positive conclusion (I hope...)

I think you are well within your rights to ask for a voucher along with replacement copies, and, from previous experience, I think you have a good chance of getting one.

Leigh S

Great minds!  Fired off a new request 20 minutes back... not much hope of a reply before the weekend, but I live in hope!

M.I.K.

I finally got an email back earlier today. My missing 2202 should now be getting sent out.

Leigh S

I'm 4 progs down (and a meg?) and a bit tee'd off to be honest - I told them at the beginning they needed to check the sub was OK from previous experience, and all I got was a "if you haven't had it be Friday we will send you some... well I have them, I don't like not getting a prog if it is going off sale, even in this age of modern miracles.  hoepfully this gets sorted witha  response Monday or I am canceeling the annual and going back to Monthly where this kind of nonsense never happened....

Leigh S

Well the drought has broken with 2204 and the Meg, but no sign of 2201 to 2203, which of course I do not want to see as I have just gone and filled in the gap by getting 2203 from WHSmiths and already purchased 2201 and 2202 due to the slow reaction to my request for Subs to check if I ahd fallen off...

All good, except no email and no pushing forward of my subscription, so the question becomes do I cancel it and go monthly? - Not happy  with the annual service AT ALL.  Both years it has bitten me and it's just not worth me stumping up that wad of cash up front to Tharg (albeit for a saving) if it's going to mean I end up progless for stretches.