Main Menu

Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Vote for positions 36 - 29

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 March, 2021, 06:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

These play-off votes don't draw as many votes as the rounds that determine who enters them. I get that as of course we've votes for (or not) and certainly thought about all of these Epics before. What I do find interesting is that these play-off votes do give the chance to vote for epics that might not have made a top three but still deserve appreciation, or to ensure that Epics that you did vote for but didn't qualify get their rightful place as high as possible.

Look at the list of 8 Dredd stories below and tell me your top three:

1 (your favourite of the 8) will get 3 points
2 (your 2nd fav) will get 2 points
3 (your 3rd fav) will get 1 point

45 The Chief Judge's Man - Progs 1244-1247, 1263-1266, 1342-1349

33 Sin City - Progs Progs 1289-1299

32 Die Laughing - OGN

31 Helter Skelter - Progs 1250-1261

29 Wilderlands - Progs 904-918 and Megs 2.63-2.68

27 Judge Dredd Vs Aliens - Incubus - Progs 1322-1335

26 Judgement on Gotham - OGN

25 End of Days - Progs 2184-2199

Voting will close on the morning of Friday 19th March and we'll have our next 8 positions sorted

All links go through to AlexF's simply brilliant Dredd Epics Ranked blog. You may need to scroll to find his write up of a particular story - but I'd suggest just reading the whole thing anyway - it's fantastic stuff.

Baffled by what's going on here - well we have a a thread for that - though that might leave you more confused than anything.

Rules for what they are worth.

Not sure about anything just ask and I'll blag it.

Rogue Judge

1. Wilderlands
2. Sin City
3. Vs Aliens

The Batman crossovers are decent too.

broodblik

1. Sin City
2. End of Days
3. Judge Dredd Vs Aliens - Incubus
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

1 - sin city
2 - end of days
3 - wilderlands

Quick question - are the best of these repechage epics transferring  into subsequent rounds or being batched and despatched? Ie if sin city wins here is that as high as it goes or does it go to the next round of failed votes (which would include the losers from the current round 7).
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 15 March, 2021, 07:47:09 AM
Quick question - are the best of these repechage epics transferring  into subsequent rounds or being batched and despatched? Ie if sin city wins here is that as high as it goes or does it go to the next round of failed votes (which would include the losers from the current round 7).

No this is it for these ones I'm afraid once you are in a play-off that's as high as you can go. As I say not a perfect system but as good as I could come up with without making the whole thing overly labourious.

Magnetica

Hmmmm....I have only previously voted for one of these:

1 The Chief Judge's Man.

I not too bothered by the others and as this is to determine the minor placings and not progression to the next round I guess it doesn't matter quite as much, so I'll just pick two:

2 Sin City
End of  Days. Let's be honest it's not a great story, but it does at least qualify as an epic on the number of episodes criteria.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

AlexF

1) Judgement on Gotham - come on people, I know calling it an 'epic' is controversial but it's so much silly fun, isn't it?
2) Wilderlands
3) End of Days

Tomwe

1) Judgement on Gotham

2) Judge Dredd Vs Aliens

3) Sin City

Dark Jimbo

We're in interesting territory here as, for the first time, I like all of these (well, not read End of Days , but otherwise...)

Having completely lost track now of how many times I've voted for Chief Judge's Man, I'm actually not going to do so now, in favour of...

Sin City. Damn near perfect - just not long enough!
Wilderlands is flawed but great fun. I really like the 'stranded on a hostile world, battling to survive' scenario, and apart from the Mick Austin fill-in the art is pretty consistent.
Incubus is a crossover done right. Everyone comes out of it well and the internal logic is consistent. Pips the Bats crossovers for me as it feels more 'real' (not hived off into its own little continuity, divorced from the main strip) and Henry's art hasn't dated in the way that Bisley's 90s-tastic stuff has.
@jamesfeistdraws

BPP

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 March, 2021, 08:03:11 AM
Quote from: BPP on 15 March, 2021, 07:47:09 AM

No this is it for these ones I'm afraid once you are in a play-off that's as high as you can go. As I say not a perfect system but as good as I could come up with without making the whole thing overly labourious.

It's fair enough from a workload perspective but really shows up the flaw in the original highly deranged rankings. There is a lot of stuff in this bracket way better than the round 7 new entrants, not even close. But totally respect the decisions you've made for your own sanity.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 15 March, 2021, 10:46:30 AM
It's fair enough from a workload perspective but really shows up the flaw in the original highly deranged rankings. There is a lot of stuff in this bracket way better than the round 7 new entrants, not even close. But totally respect the decisions you've made for your own sanity.

To be fair it was as much to do with keeping this as fun as possible. We could go up and down, up and down but then folks would be voting on the same things even more than they are now!

Heck the longer I drag this one out, the longer I have to plan and prep the next!