Main Menu

Please queue here to be assigned your classic Thrill.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 19 April, 2003, 06:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

oh dear lord next you'll be wanting me to write bison...in fact maybe i could do a better bison...in fact a monkey in a hat could do a better bison or is that cruelty to the monkey?

Oddboy

And I just typed some random names. No offence intended to anyone.
And there was I thinking I'd been chosen especially.
Now you've got me in a huff, I think I'll not write any new DR & Quinch stories, but go off & reinvent comics in America.

The Gang of Unbelieveable Supervillians; Volume i:
Theme:
A "ye olde style" funnybook based on other characters from fiction, yet somehow unbound by the usual copyright laws - grouping together these crazy characters together for the first time to create many high-jinks!

Synopsis:
Queen Victoria recruits a "Gang of Unbelieveable Superheroes" to help protect the Empire from its enemies and to protect the royal family from Ripper-related scandles.

One by one the Gang is assembled they consist of:
Allan Rickman (a wizard, mortal enemy of the The Boy Wizzard)
Ms Red (a pretty, pouty lady but with a dark vampyric secret)
Captain Siddha (a mysterious coloured fellah)
Frank (a man who, dispite a freak scientific accident, is still very much a visable man - our heroes have to rescue him from a crashing spaceship before he can join the Gang)
Doctor Octopus & The Incredible Hulk (Two very differnt characters yet they're never seen in the same room at the same time - perhaps they are more connected then at first they seem?)

The Gang must overcome their own difficulties & differences in order to pin the Ripper murders on some poor unsuspecting patsy (called Kensit).

Volume i will very much be a mere introduction to the characters & set-up before the real story gets going in Volume two-eyes.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Noisybast

Visible Man you say.
Christ...
Er...

Ok, this guy, we'll call him Claude, invents a new wonder drug which should render the user invisible. The pharmaceutical company he works for cuts a few corners to save cash, skimps on a few ingredients, and voila - one partially transparent bloke with all his guts on show. Ewww.

Understandably, Claude is upset by this turn of events and proceds to wreak his terrible and bloody revenge on those responsible for his affliction. Half an hour after he's slaughtered them all, the drug wears off & he's carted off to a loony bin, 'cos nobody believes his absurd claims of transparent skin.

So, er, did I mention I've never read the original? I didn't start buying 2KAD until prog 520...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

DavidXBrunt

Well it's been reprinted in the Meg in the last year or so...does this mean you *gasp* don't read the Meg?

No, that would be crazy!

Noisybast

'Fraid not. I'm on a modest budget, and if I start getting the Meg, I'll only end up trawling eBay for every back issue. It's bad enough trying to fill the gaps in my progs.

I have been considering subscribing of late though (SassenFrassenMugsMumbleGrumbleSelfControl)...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

karne

"But weren't Don Uggie Apelino with his henchmen Fast Eek gorillas and wasn't Joe Banana's a chimp?"

Ahh, yah picky bugger Longman. Alright then how about Haley Jr. the pet monkey of Dan Dare's trusted Russian bruiser Bear.

He first appeared in a two part story in progs 34/35 before eventually disappearing Darkie monkey stylee without another mention.

judda fett

Shouldnt PVS get Durham Red? Hes from her parts. Has anyone else pointed this out?

karne

What, PVS is from Milton Keynes?

judda fett

The radlands of Durham I think.

Richmond Clements

'Hes from her parts.'

Oh-er!!!

judda fett

I should've said 'he'd know her area well'.

Eric Plumrose

'Shouldnt PVS get Durham Red? Hes from her parts.'

Well, they've both got the hair and like a swift half of rhesus, so it's quite feasible she is his ma.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Oddboy

'he'd know her area well'.

That doesn't sound any better!
Better set your phaser to stun.