Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Apocalypse War Dossier - Paperback (novel), 440 pages, 8th November 2022
By John Ware

Mega City One it's a powderkeg waiting to blow on its best day.

There isn't a moment when tentions aren't running high and the City isn't ready to crack.

But there's something new going on something, something bad it's a block war. It's Block Mania and no one is immune, not even the Judges.

But this is all prelude to invasion.

The East-Meg One Sov's have infected Mega City One with Block-Mania to throw the city into massive, bloody turf wars.

There are troops on the ground, bombs are dropping and the Mega City One is on fire.

And the Judges are drawing the line and Mega City One is about to burn.

Apocalypse War tells the on the ground stories of the Judges in Mega City One during the events of epic Block Mania and Apocalyse War story arch.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Department K: Interdimensional Investigators - Paperback, 80 pages, 8th November 2022

Tech Whizz Cadet Afua is the newest intern at Mega-City One's Department K. A team made up of geeks, robots and misfits, their job is to protect our dimension at all costs! For beyond the fabric of reality lies a multitude of multiverses and monsters, determined to reach our world. But when a routine mission goes wrong, Afua and her new team become stranded in a different dimension. If Afua is to survive - let alone pass - this internship, she'll have to find her way home from the furthest corners of the multiverse.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Goosegash

A little bird (well the print ad in Meg 441) tells me Indigo Prime is back in the Bumper Birthday Prog, anyone know any details? Kek-W/Bagwell? Ongoing or just a one-off?

I guess it's probably the latter, unless either it's replacing either The Order or Proteus Vex going forward?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goosegash on 15 February, 2022, 10:47:40 PM
Kek-W/Bagwell?

Highly unlikely that Ed will be drawing... sadly he died tragically young in 2017.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goosegash

Gosh, genuinely had no idea. How sad.

The Monarch

lee carters probably busy with other stuff so i do wonder who is writing and drawing it

Rogue Judge

Apocalypse War Dossier looks great. I've really been enjoying the 2000AD books. Keep em coming!

Dash Decent

There's a couple of fonts they're consistently using for the novels (titles/authors).  You can see one example there in the "John Ware" on the Apoc War Dossier.  See also the "Judges" line, "Judge Fear's Big Day Out" and the "Fit for Duty?" strapline on Meg 436, etc.

One or two niggles aside, I really like these fonts.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Speaking of "Judge Fear's Big Day Out", I love the Dredd image they've picked for the cover, but one thing has always bothered me about it:

Looking at the sides of Dredd's helmet, you can see that the left hand side - the side closest to us, finishes up roughly in line with his mouth.  Dredd's jaw and some of his cheek are visible.  Looking at the other side of the picture, the right hand side of his helmet extends down past his chin.  Even given our POV and that Dredd may have his head tilted somewhat, there's no way he could cock his head enough that the bottom edge of his helmet should be visible below his chin line.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

The Sarge - Volume One Webshop Exlusive Hardcover:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Oh... okay... I thought I'd be defo for this but I much prefer the other cover? Errr need to think about this...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goosegash on 15 February, 2022, 10:47:40 PM
...Indigo Prime is back in the Bumper Birthday Prog, anyone know any details? Kek-W/Bagwell? Ongoing or just a one-off?

Probably the Chris Weston story we were teased in the 2nd IP volume of the Ultimate Collection. Just a one- off, either way.
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

Harlem Heroes coming to the Regen Collection Vol 3

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

A smart strip to resurrect. Again, I don't see why it's just menny men men, though. Why not make it a mixed-gender sport?

(It was interesting how much mini-IP, who couldn't give two hoots about football and yet hears about it all the bloody time from the boys she's paired with at school, got into the Rocky of the Rovers book. It's like by having a better gender mix, you can get more people into your stories...)

broodblik

Coming to the prog in May (and yes the first regen as well):

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Prog 2280 is the first all-ages special of the year with Cadet Dredd investigating drug use in "Red Medicine," plus we visit the magic school Lowborn High, Pandora Perfect is back in 'Feed the Bird', and Chopper takes to the skies. In Progs 2281-2283, a new Judge Dredd story starts as former Judge Asher edges closer to criminality in "An Honest Man"; the conspiracy goes deeper in Brink: "Mercury Retrograde"; monsters and mayhem in Fiends of the Eastern Front: "1963"; PI Mallory Hope investigates murder in the movies in "Hope... In the Shadows"; and Dexter and co encounter "The Thing in the Thing"!
Contains issues 2280, 2281, 2282, 2283