Main Menu

The 2000AD Messageboard Advent Calendar, 2021 edition - The Comments Thread

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2021, 12:16:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Thanks chaps, and Mini Solo!

A little bit of behind the scenes gossip - the lady who sings Norbert is the posh lady who says "The News at Ten, on ITN!" I think it's a career low for her...

Trooper McFad

Glad to see the entries pouring in to the Advent - loved your wee short Shark
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

Beautiful stripwork there, Colin! Danny Redman as Calvin is inspired! I might not ever read Calvin & Hobbes the same way again, knowing that he's only a panel border away from some John Smithian nightmares...

Trooper McFad

Colin YNWA

AlexF the round up of the best X-Mas progs has been simply magnificent. MAGNIFICENT. So much so I even forgive you not giving Nikolai Dante: love and war a clean 10/10 for being brilliant and perfectly setting up what's to come..

Its hard to deny the top spot is spot on. I love way you slip the other Prog 2000 in as well. It makes the perfect note that while David Bishop and co got it so right out the blocks the Prog can still do it and so it very, very well (well all being it Prog 2000 was a shuddering 5 years ago now - gulp).

Just don't ask for them to repeat the 'Thrill-Power Death Match' as one of the inspirations for my incessant tourneying its on the list and I would like to get to it... mind if they did repeat it that would give me a new format I could play with... hmmm...

Thank you so much for doing this its been a brilliant read. Annuals next year?

Trooper McFad

Thanks AlexF that was a great run down (I would like an annuals ranking next year as well 👍🏻😁😁😁😁 I know my favourite!)

AlexF

You're very kind! I confess I expected to get a bit more kick-back for having Prog 2000 as the number 1 (and indeed on Wednesday I'll get into that) because some of the stories in it are not perfect, even if they are all special.

I've got something in mind for next year already, but it's not Annuals - quite apart from anything else, I'd have to buy all of those and I suspect that's not so easy to do! I have owned about half of them in my time but got rid of the ones I had two house moves ago. Controversially, the only one I still have knocking about is the Rogue Trooper Annual!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

AlexF

Yeah, that had the real feel of a nice Hardback Annual Dredd strip! Top work.

JayzusB.Christ

Amazing stuff so far. Sorry guys, I'm running a bit late with my entry today, my laptop packed up and things are a bit more fiddly with my tablet.  Shouldn't be too long now.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

AlexF

AlexF

JAYZUS that's a tough puzzle! Am feeling quite pleased with myself for the clues I've got, still plenty to go...

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: AlexF on 23 December, 2021, 09:25:14 AM
JAYZUS that's a tough puzzle! Am feeling quite pleased with myself for the clues I've got, still plenty to go...

Possibly a bit too tough, in hindsight... I'll post list of the stories the characters come from later today.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

Have managed to get all but 1 clue (3 across) - but I had to use Google to look up some synonyms for keywords to help me.

Was struggling for ages over a 'Rogue biologist' before realising that this didn't mean it was a character from Rogue Trooper  :)

Great fun!