Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Anderson (Movie) vs Red Razors Rd 1 Heat 85

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 January, 2022, 06:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We've DONE IT - the final week of Round 1 - well done. You've earnt a break after all this work ... so to respect that there's one less vote this week. Just the 7 - I know I'm as generous as Tharg. If things are going to plan I might keep momentum up and BLAST straight into Round 2... enjoy the break!

Important note this is just the movie Anderson NOT the main Anderson Psi Division thrill that will appear in Round 2 at some point. Bear that in mind when voting. Red Razors... well much has been said and I suspect will be here...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Anderson (Movie) - more info

Vs.

Red Razors - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 15th January and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

rogue69

broodblik

The only plus point for me about Red Razors was that the first strip Yeowell was on art duty so I vote for Anderson (Movie)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Red Razors was the nadir of Mark Millar's writing for Tooth and the Meg, and even though I haven't read the movie version of Anderson, she's still getting my vote by default.

Anderson (Movie).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 12 January, 2022, 07:43:44 AM
The only plus point for me about Red Razors was that the first strip Yeowell was on art duty ...

I loved Nigel Dobbyn's art on the second series as well. There is the classic tale of how he hated the story too and so [possiblemisremembering] changed the last page to have the kid grab thge badge and shake it definately at the Justice Building [/possiblemisremembering]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 January, 2022, 08:26:51 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 12 January, 2022, 07:43:44 AM
The only plus point for me about Red Razors was that the first strip Yeowell was on art duty ...

I loved Nigel Dobbyn's art on the second series as well. There is the classic tale of how he hated the story too and so [possiblemisremembering] changed the last page to have the kid grab thge badge and shake it definately at the Justice Building [/possiblemisremembering]

Got that the wrong way round. The script had him wave the badge angrily BUT Nigel Dobbyn had him throw it away in utter disinterest.

Magnetica

I never thought Red Razors was as bad as it's made out to be, so I'm going to vote for it.

Link Prime

Red Razors

< Picks up "Millar" badge from the ground and gives two fingers to The Forum >

Dark Jimbo

I don't really remember Movie Anderson, although I know I've read it. Consider it a protest vote against Red Razors.
@jamesfeistdraws

AlexF

I'm sure the Anderson stories were decent, but I'm voting Red Razors.
Mark Millar struggles to tell coherent stories (both series here being a case in point), but he really does know how to create memroable characters and moments, and by gosh Steve Yeowell was a good fit. Dobbyn too, but that second story was so bad. Points for Dobbyn's punking of the ending.

CalHab

Anderson. It was coherent and enjoyable, neither of which is true of Red Razors.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++