Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Round two

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 January, 2022, 06:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Some of this is getting covered in another thread BUT I'd typed it up in preparation so I'll post it anyway and be damned.

Well the last ties are up, all we can do now is wait for the results to come in and prepare for Round 2 to start. Round 1 was a frankly brutal and bruising 87 ties, took 12 weeks (with a week off for X-mas) - as long as some of our shorter tourneys in total.

Round 2 is going to make that look like it was nursery slopes as it's actually bigger - gulp.

There are 256 Thrills - 87 Round 1 winners and 149 Thrills that got a bye in that round, 90 as they are Premier League Thrills and 59 by luck of the draw.

Meaning 128 ties.

I estimate with a fair wind behind us that it will take us 16 weeks and we'll be done... that should take us into early Mayish if we start now...

...but that would be ridiculous right... I mean starting now, that would be madness. We all need a break from this nonsense...

See you Monday.

AlexF

Meanwhile, here are the results from Round 1, (in blocks of ten)...

AlexF

AlexF

AlexF

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

AlexF

AlexF

AlexF

AlexF

Thanks Broodblik!
More to follow on Monday, when the results from the last Heats are in...

Luck of the draw, of course, but a few Quality Thrills have already fallen, and a few stinkers have crawled through...

Lost thrills that I think are worth anyone's time to read:
Scarlet Apocrypha (and you don't have to have read much Durham Red to appreciate it, either)
Young Middenface
Stone Island
Project Overkill
Angel Zero
Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon
Night Zero

Trooper McFad

Firstly, Colin well done so far on the epic thrills competition. Do you have a day job? 😂😂😂

Second, Alex that too is some breakdown of round 1 and it's good to see the pictures of the character face offs

Well done guys looking forward to round 2 hopefully I can vote on more that I have actually remember or read 😳.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 14 January, 2022, 09:25:40 AM
Firstly, Colin well done so far on the epic thrills competition. Do you have a day job? 😂😂😂

Seriously what I do is nothing, nothing compared to that whole new level of brilliance that AlexF has shared. Running this is generally super easy, barely an inconvenience. Just a hour or two at weekends - and not even all of those) to get things typed up, most of which is copy and paste, to mix it up with the typos. I'm enjoying this one more than just about any of the others I've done before.

As for AlexF, folks have decribed it as 'Awesome' - those summary images are tight, I think it goes beyond awesome and Tharg needs to be looking at this for a feature in the next X-Mas bumper prog on the basis of the glory of what AlexF is doing. Its really brought it to life!

davidbishop

Misread Round 26 as Necronauts vs Time Quiche.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++