Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Brit-Cit Babes vs. Counterfeit Girl Rd 2 Heat 06

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 January, 2022, 06:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Welcome to Round 2, week 1 . This is where things get really interesting. All the big hitters are in the draw and let me tell you there are some ties coming up that will get the hearts racing and the camera's out for live coverage. They will cover acres of print on the back pages. There are also ties that will barely get mentioned on their local radio news summary. Week 1 however does feel a little like a warm up however. It hasn't got any of the high profile draws I hoped it might to kick us off, but it does start to hint at what's to come...

Two female lead thrills here. One very much in the early 90s mold. The other very much in the wheelhouse of Pete Milligan's theme of identity. I know which I really enjoyed, but do you:

Brit-Cit Babes - more info

Vs

Counterfeit Girl - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 22nd January  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

abelardsnazz

Brit-Cit Babes is a long way from being Wagner's best, but Milligan is still coming up with intriguing themes for Tooth.

Counterfeit Girl.

AlexF

LOVE Counterfeit Girl. Very much don't love Brit Cit Babes, a thrill that just happens to have an all-time sexy cover to introduce it. John Wagner clearly wnats to write a story about pyrokensis but can't quite seem to find a good fit.

sheridan

Would much rather get more Counterfeit Girl than the further adventures of Bad Company (from the same creative team).

Link Prime

Quote from: AlexF on 19 January, 2022, 08:06:29 AM
a thrill that just happens to have an all-time sexy cover to introduce it.

Good enough reason.
Brit-Cit Babes.

Blue Cactus

Counterfeit Girl. Really enjoyed that story and Dayglo knocked it out the park on art duties, felt like every panel was crammed with detail. A strip I loved staring at as well as reading.

Tomwe

IndigoPrime

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Funt Solo

I think the story of Brit-Cit Babes (but not the title, or really the art style, or the meta-phwoar from editorial that played antagonistically with the storyline) was better than the cyberpunk ramblings of Counterfeit Girl.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

Link Prime

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 19 January, 2022, 11:08:09 AM
roaring return to form for a classic writer.

Like Ralph Wiggum's broken heart, I can pinpoint the precise moment that I last enjoyed a Peter Milligan penned conic; "Down Among the Dead Men" (2000AD 'Prog 2001', December 2000).

rogue69