Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ordinary vs. Mother Earth Round 2 Heat 48

Started by Colin YNWA, 24 February, 2022, 06:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dear diary as we enter Week 6 of Round 2 I look at the thrills involved and count my blessing that the draw has been kind. Some slight variation in how the thrills came out and we might have had some really tough calls. As it is, some big thrills - for me - come up against decent middling thrills. I still wonder if doing this will bring me love...

Mother Earth was a curious thing. While its drivers were worn very clearly on its oversized sleeves I'm not quite sure what it wanted to be. It felt in some ways like a Saturday morning cartoon thrust into the Prog. Ordinary was far from ordinary however.

Mother Earth - more info

Vs

Ordinary - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 27th February  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

abelardsnazz

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

AlexF

Look, Ordinary is great comics, tells a clever story in moving and witty ways. Mother Earth is very bad.
And yet, I really WANT Mother Earth to be good, I don't get why it was so hard to have fun with an OTT eco-Warrior murdering industrialists, especially with Cliff Robinson drawing the grizzly murders.

So on the grounds that in my head some up-and-comer is creating a Mother Earth revival for the Regend Progs, with an eye on the grizzliest possible murder ideas, I'm voting Mother Earth. Do it in rhyming couplets, Hilaire Belloc style, it could be a real winner I'm telling you.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 24 February, 2022, 09:49:39 AM
...in my head some up-and-comer is creating a Mother Earth revival for the Regend Progs, with an eye on the grizzliest possible murder ideas, I'm voting Mother Earth.

Based on previous Regends, extremely unlikely. The gronks aren't even allowed to have heart attacks any more, now they just faint.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

I almost commented on AlexF's vote being a controversy akin to Mind of Wolfie Smith's voting and then...

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 24 February, 2022, 01:33:08 PM
mother earth

You two are bloody magnificent!

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Super quiet here but not sure it will affect the result greatly. Well go through the process tomorrow morning when we close it down.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well the second quietest vote in the tourney so far to date and some interesting votes for Mother Earth and this one is cauriously close... well ish. There seems to have been little doubt which way it would go, but the numebr suggest there was more of a tussle here than there actually was. Apathy seems to be setting in and could that lead to some even more interesting results? As it is

Ordinary

service is maintained and the excell strip gets into Round 3.

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

Two days at the end of half term plus the weekend. I didn't even see this one!