Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: I am all grown-up

Started by broodblik, 27 April, 2022, 04:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

So, we had a few 3rillers that migrated into its own full fletch series. We also had a few from the regen progs which also became a full fletch series. Quite simple which of these 3rillers/regen stories is your favourite series:
-   Survival Geeks
-   Mechastopheles
-   Saphir
-   Intestinauts – technically it was a Future Shock as well
-   Full Tilt Boogie
-   Department K
-   Pandora Perfect
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

This is tough as I love a number of these. Survival Geeks really sang on a re-erad. I've found Intestinauts getting better and better and all three of the thrill that have come out of Regened have been fantastic. I think at a pinch I'll go

Pandora Perfect

but really there is so much good stuff here.

Aaron A Aardvark

I don't think any of them have completely bedded in, or become instant classics.

But Pandora Perfect is closest.

Magnetica

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

rogue69

AlexF

1) Survival Geeks
2) Full Tilt Boogie
3) Saphir

-but these are all great and a reminder to me that both 3rillers and the Regened Progs are fertile ground indeed for trying new things.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 27 April, 2022, 10:00:32 AM
-but these are all great and a reminder to me that both 3rillers and the Regened Progs are fertile ground indeed for trying new things.

Yeah this is why I was surprised that 3rillers were knocked out of the Favourite Series tournament by Strontium DogS. They are by their very nature hit and miss, but they are such a fresh way to approach filling gaps and allow for lots of experimentation and try out the format deserves a lot of credit in my eyes.

Timothy

Pandora, although Survival Geeks is a close second.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2022, 12:26:36 PM
They are by their very nature hit and miss

They miss way more than they hit, leaving the reader sucking a lemon for 3 weeks.

NB - I'll vote Intestinauts for this one. Quite fun.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I can't, in all honesty, vote for any of them because I haven't enjoyed a single one to any great respect. I'd probably claim Full Tilt Boogie to be the "least worst" though.

SBT

Southstreeter

Barrington Boots

Survival Geeks for me, but I really enjoyed Intestinauts and I have a lot of time for Saphir.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

Survival Geeks is the winner, but I like the entire list for one reason or another.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

You have until Wednesday to decide whom is your favorite grown-up
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.