Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Rogue Trooper vs. Harlem Heroes (Reboot) Rd 2 Heat 117

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 April, 2022, 06:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Penultimate week, just two weeks to go - which if you consider that we started this Round in January is quite something. Enjoy these dog days of Round 2 as while we have some meaty ties in these last two weeks it's going to be nothing compared to some of the sinkers you will have in Round 3. You'll look back at the easy days and decisions you've had to make in Round 2 with fondness. Just check out Funt Solo's wonderful Round 2 so far thread to get a sense of what Round 3 will be...

Now this would have been an astonishingly interesting tie if it'd been the Rogue Trooper (reboot) not regular Rogue... but it's not... and a clash between two rubbish thrills isn't really 'astonishing' interesting is it!    ... so I'll shut up there. As it is Old Rogue still has a massive reputation (even if... and I whisper this... think it's pretty rubbish) so we know what's going to happen here right...

Harlem Heroes (Reboot) - more info

Vs

Rogue Trooper (Rogue) - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday April 30th and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

I'm not a fan of either of these, but Harlem Heroes represents one of the worst eras of the Prog and some of the worst dialogue ever to grace the magazine. Some of the art was good, but that's it. Rogue Trooper is frequently silly and degenerates into a mess with The Hit (even if the abrupt wrap-up was OK) but easily wins this particular battle.

Magnetica

I got the impression at the time that Rogue was very popular. But I preferred other things.

I only read the original HH a few years ago and I guess the way to describe it, is it's of it's time.

Overall: Rogue.

rogue69

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Any of you freaks vote for Fleisher's HH yet?
No?

Rogue Trooper all the way to the Quartz Zone without a parachute.

AlexF

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Never been a fan of Rogue, but the HH reboot was an abomination. So, grudgingly, Rogue.

SBT

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++