Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: Simply the best – Number VI

Started by broodblik, 27 June, 2022, 04:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Welcome to the sixth knockout round where we will choose our favorite story arc.
We already have seven story arcs that has qualified.

Whom is the next to do a takedown? The best Zenith book is naturally Phase III:
-   Yay, you are spot on
-   Nay, surely you are mistaken it must be .................................

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Phase 3 had always been my favourite, but on a recent read

Phase 2

shone.

credo

Yes, Phase 3. The brilliant range of characters (imagine how many of them would have been given their own series if it was The Big Two), the tying together of long-dangling plot threads, and Yowell's art at the best it has ever been.

Controversially, I'm also a sucker for Phase IV due to the pitch-perfect early '90s reference points, the apocalyptic storyline and the clever resolution.

Magnetica

Timothy

I do like Phase 3, but for me the best has got to be Phase 1. It's a cracking self-contained story, it has Red Dragon's rise and subsequent fall, it has punching nazis to death and, in the context of the wider story, it set's everything up beautifully.

AlexF

Phase II by miles. I know there's no law saying that the title character of a comic has to also be the main character, but Zenith is alos the most interesting character and I'd rather see what he's getting up to - he's barely in Books III and IV. And although he's the star of Phase I I prefer the James Bond plot shenanigans of II.

sheridan

Phase I best (for reasons given by Timothy), then IV, III and II.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Colin YNWA

Oh that's interesting. I always assume Phase 3 will be the favourite, though I know one has always been popular, I actually find it the weakest, though it is just brilliant at that.

broodblik

Phase I and II got the same total off votes. For me it was always between Phase I and III