Main Menu

where did all my cash go??!!

Started by Tanky, 25 April, 2004, 12:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanky

Hey guys, me again!
I seem to be suffering from the traditional travelling cash crisis! I'm currently in san diego and have about 100quid left!!! Then i got a call from o2 saying i had a phat phone bill and there gonna cut me off. To add a bit of adventure i'm having terrible trouble changing my ticket home. i'm not too worried, just don't wanna use the ol credit card if i can help it!
Still, on the bright side it's lovely here, v sunny and there are many many cool people. Also (thankfully) it's very cheap to eat and keep a roof over one's swede.
So, i guess i'll be back in bloody portsmouth soon!
Still having a great time, luv xTGx

Max Kon

Queen Firey-Bou

what the beck, use the credit card, youre only young once, how often are you the other side of the world? get an illegal job, busk, hawk, whatever, stay travelling as long as poss....

its raining back here, mate o mine just got back from 3 months in india & has the major, coming home downer, don't do it, keep on rollin gal !

Darryl

Well, Im up n about this early due to the fact I just saw my girlfriend off to miami, which is where ill be meeting her in a few days! So Im with bou on this one, keep on moving Tanky!

Devons Daddy

i have been getting regular updates about tankys travels. i have not posted them here as i wanted to get her permissoin to do so.

the tales of goats,bearded men,leather and something like umpty candy and lots of alcholic beverages may be something she wishes kept away from masses,.

but from all her emails. she is having a whale of a time.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

judge dreddd

keep a diary when of purchases and then see where it all went ( probably booze ! )

Tanky

booze is the most likely suspect at the mo...followed by cheap skate shops in the US and over priced tourism in new zealand. Stupid film industry.

By all means, post away, DD! sorry i've not had time to do it meself. i forgot to mention my first sci fi convention -armageddon in auckland, where i met a big orc!

Due to many crises coming up at once, i'm gonna be back home by tuesday night. crap. I'm already planning the next 2 trips though.
ttfn! xTGx

Floyd-the-k

So Tank grrrl, how was Australia?
What were the highlights? and lowlights?

yours fishoutofwaterly

Krustabi

Tanky

Hey again! I am the queen of jet lag!
I did indeed get back home today, where i had a hot bath and my mum fed me good 'n' proper. Later i'm gonna crash in my own room in a non bunk bed with no snoring room mates...being home has some advantages!
I loved australia, Floyd. The highlight of the whole trip for me was Byron Bay+ Nimbin. Very difficult to leave, especially when the big blues festival hit town! i heard that the uk working visa for oz has been extended to 2 years, which gives me an idea...
The worst place i went was Hollywood, which is stupidly overrated and not too pleasant to live in. But at least i can say i've been, and i turned a few heads walking around town with spikey hair in all my punk finery! Shame i'm not there for the troy premier though, bet that'll be good (heh!)
I'm gonna write a piece on the whole adventure for me band's site asap. once it's done, i'll put up a link, so everyone can share the delights of horizontal bungy adventures, goldfish racing, the discovery of drive thru off licenses (i kid you not, non aussie boarders!) and Anzac day in san diego with more aussie backpackers (why is the rum gone? Because you're only supposed to use two coins!) amongst other things.
Anyways, i must away to my comfy bed soon, or what's left of my brain will fall out.
xTGx

Max Kon

drive thru off licenses

in louisiana 2, it wasn't til recently a crime to drink and drive

BlackThrash

HI tanky

hope everythings going cool for you and you enjoyed your travels...

not been doing anything interesting here apart from boozing with The Damned last weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, who's that stood next to me?hhe

Link: http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/blackthrash/Picture1_039.jpg" target="_blank">me and DV

BlackThrash

hehe I was a total idiot johnyy especially as it was captain's 50th birthday...by the way we got a new car :)

Link: http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v65/blackthrash/Picture1_011.jpg" target="_blank">the mirth mobile

thinky

tanky

did you go to Queenstown in NZ?
i got married there - brill place, can't wait to go back

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk