Main Menu

Dredd logo font

Started by radiator, 30 July, 2012, 08:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Anyone know what font they use for the current Judge  series logo and where I can get it? It's the same one they use on the Megazine cover.

Bolt-01

Radiator- have you sent a mail into Pye-01 at the Nerve Centre? He'll know what it is.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: radiator on 30 July, 2012, 08:51:48 AM
Anyone know what font they use for the current Judge  series logo and where I can get it? It's the same one they use on the Megazine cover.
Do you need the font, or the actual logo? I only ask because I drew the logo in Illustrator for sample pages a little while ago, so if it's just the logo, drop me a PM.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Actually- if it is just the logo you need- I've a copy...

radiator

Yep, that's be good cheers, just need the 'Dredd' bit really. Think you probably both have my email address, but if not give me a shout. Thanks!

Bolt-01

radiator

TruthWarr

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 July, 2012, 10:16:39 AM
Actually- if it is just the logo you need- I've a copy...

Hi. Sorry to necro the old thread. Could you send me a copy of the logo please? I need it for my comic storage boxes.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TruthWarr on 28 October, 2021, 12:38:56 AM
Hi. Sorry to necro the old thread. Could you send me a copy of the logo please? I need it for my comic storage boxes.

This was from a few years back, and they've changed the logo since then so it may not be the one you're looking for. However, if you're looking for the actual Judge Dredd logo they were using back in 2010, you can find my recreation of it in PDF format here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnxvkb5sov47a7n/Judge_Dredd_Logo.pdf?dl=0

TruthWarr

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 October, 2021, 09:29:37 AM
Quote from: TruthWarr on 28 October, 2021, 12:38:56 AM

This was from a few years back, and they've changed the logo since then so it may not be the one you're looking for. However, if you're looking for the actual Judge Dredd logo they were using back in 2010, you can find my recreation of it in PDF format here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnxvkb5sov47a7n/Judge_Dredd_Logo.pdf?dl=0

Thank you very much. You wouldn't happen to have any of the other Megazine logos? or know where I can download them?

2000 AD logs are plentiful on Logopedia, but no Megazine logos to be found.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TruthWarr on 28 October, 2021, 01:00:47 PM
Thank you very much. You wouldn't happen to have any of the other Megazine logos? or know where I can download them?

Sorry, no — I re-drew that one from scratch back in 2010 for some sample pages I was sending to the Mighty One.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 October, 2021, 01:22:44 PM
Sorry, no — I re-drew that one from scratch back in 2010 for some sample pages I was sending to the Mighty One.

Ooh. Dunno if this any use to you, but I completely forgot that I also re-created the modern version of the Judge Dredd logo that's currently in use. If it is, you'll find it in PDF format here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhoehcco2rk9h4w/Dredd_Logo_Modern.pdf?dl=0

pauljholden

Always sad to come back to an old thread and see the first unread message is from Bolt-01, and in typically Dave fashion offering to help someone.

Anyway, as you were.

TruthWarr

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 04 November, 2021, 02:25:10 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 October, 2021, 01:22:44 PM
Sorry, no — I re-drew that one from scratch back in 2010 for some sample pages I was sending to the Mighty One.

Ooh. Dunno if this any use to you, but I completely forgot that I also re-created the modern version of the Judge Dredd logo that's currently in use. If it is, you'll find it in PDF format here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhoehcco2rk9h4w/Dredd_Logo_Modern.pdf?dl=0

Thank you. I will make use of this.

matty_ae

It's Orbitron.

I got a pack downloaded for my Mac to design The Complete Lawman of the Future