General Chat > Help!

A Moral Dilemma - separating the art from the artist

<< < (13/14) > >>

Funt Solo:

--- Quote from: milstar on 12 November, 2021, 02:52:18 PM ---I always say that these abuser often come as the nicest guys.

--- End quote ---

But not to the victims of their domestic abuse or sexual assault, which is rather the point.

This reminds me of the case of the rapist in the US who the Judge defended on the basis that he was a really good swimmer. The rapist's father said that his rapist son shouldn't have his career ruined over "a few minutes". Of rape.

Do we really want a legal system where "nice guys" are allowed to commit crime?

Mister Pops:
I read somewhere that many habitual abusers and predators spend more time grooming character witnesses than they do grooming their victims. I can't remember where I read that, but I think about it every time someone tries to defend these arseholes.

milstar:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 12 November, 2021, 06:50:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: milstar on 12 November, 2021, 02:52:18 PM ---I always say that these abuser often come as the nicest guys.

--- End quote ---

But not to the victims of their domestic abuse or sexual assault, which is rather the point.

This reminds me of the case of the rapist in the US who the Judge defended on the basis that he was a really good swimmer. The rapist's father said that his rapist son shouldn't have his career ruined over "a few minutes". Of rape.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I thought on the victims too (ofcourse given that abuse don't have to be always about sexuality) that is before the abuse itself. Nice guy who walk you back home, then - zap! A wolf in sheep's skin.

Rara Avis:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Brock Turner, raped a girl who was passed out, in an alleyway, I  believe his father referred to it as "a few minutes of fun" ...

And yes women are most likely to be raped in their own homes by someone they know.

The Legendary Shark:

--- End quote ---

[sarcasm]Why not? We already have one where rich and powerful ones are.[/sarcasm]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version