Celebrity Fans

Started by pert, 20 September, 2013, 10:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Letters page has gone downhill.

Buttonman

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 October, 2014, 08:41:25 PM
That's not you.... where's the food?!

Clearly had had plenty at the time of the pic!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Buttonman on 12 October, 2014, 09:00:12 PM

I thought it was an anamorphic mistake.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 October, 2014, 10:18:40 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 12 October, 2014, 09:00:12 PM

I thought it was an anamorphic mistake.

Thanks to all that running, Buttonman is now presented in 4:3 aspect.

coastguardjackuk

Talking of gameshow 2000AD mentions, I appeared on the BBC's National Lottery gameshow "This Time Tomorrow" a few years back. When asked By Tess Daly what I was into, I told her comics and when she asked what sort, I actually stated "my favourite publisher is Marvel but my favourite comic is 2000AD". I won a major prize and because the show was shot 6 weeks before it went out I did a big letter to Tharg about it thinking it would go in the prog the Wednesday just before the Saturday when my show was broadcast, all you lot would enjoy seeing it get a mention as well as one of your own winning a £5k holiday and even better than all that I'd get a letter of the week if not a Squaxx Dex Thargo. Nothing! Not a mention! That's always annoyed me and still does!
Building up a nice crust since 1969...

shaolin_monkey

Funny that, I spotted some kid wearing a knitted Dredd jumper on some kids game show, and my letter about it got printed. It didn't get letter of the week though, if that's any consolation.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 October, 2014, 03:07:50 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 12 October, 2014, 02:45:54 PM
If you look closer, you'll see his first home is, in fact, a boat. Which would make the process even easier.

A boat? everyone know its not a boat... nor even a ship, but a training facility  ::) what are they teaching kids these days
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buttonman on 12 October, 2014, 02:45:54 PM
I can't think of anyone else at all who has had a letter and a drawing printed in 2000ad. Not a single name...

AHem!
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: coastguardjackuk on 13 October, 2014, 04:26:45 PM
  if not a Squaxx Dex Thargo....

See now, you've squandered everyone's sympathy with that catastrophic faux pas.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Buttonman

He meant KTT - my sympathies fallowing a recent Weston/Bolland mix up.

James Stacey

Just casually browsing the booklet for Ginger (offa the Wildhearts) latest album 'Albion' and I noticed a nice motif on his amp

Albion

Quote from: James Stacey on 16 October, 2014, 05:43:03 PM
Just casually browsing the booklet for Ginger (offa the Wildhearts) latest album 'Albion' and I noticed a nice motif on his amp

Good name for an album too.  ;)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Frank

Harry Potter is a fan of Rogue Trooper, apparently. Not sure he's right for the part.

annOianOid

From the Australian punk compilation released in 1985 'Why march when you can riot', in my opinion the best Dredd song ever recorded.
http://www.mp3fun.cc/mp3/Bedspreads+-+Judge+Dredd#

DKCX

Is British director Neil Marshall a fan? I just thought his movies had a 2000ad vibe to them.