Main Menu

Started by W. R. Logan, 07 September, 2006, 12:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

synabetic

I love the cover. The Tom Frame and Syd Barrett blocks are very nice touches.

As for the logo, I'm cool with the current one... as I actually like it. But I'd be okay with the old one, too... maybe if it were zouped up a little?

I'd love to see the 'Judge Dredd' logo in the orginal form on the cover... but that would probably make it look too busy or something.
Wishful thinking, I guess :)

Cheers & Bacon,
Steve

LARF

Hmmm. Do I sniff a design a new logo for 2000AD competition coming on?

Banners!!!

Pencils at Dawn!*

:-)

* poor Dawn, bless her, if we're not up 'er crack we're poking pencils at her,

Leigh S

Had a go at an 80s logo - I think the 80s logo is hard to judge - it looks dated as is, but a 3d compugenerated version without the cheap metallic effect might work quite nicely...

anyone up for creating one?

On the plus, the Dredd font works quite well I think.http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/DobeyKweeg/dreddSMALL.jpg">

paulvonscott

Yeah I agree, I love the 80's logo, but it needs remastering!

Cover looks very good like that to me!  But then that's probably a very predictable thing for me to say.

Love the Dredd font ORIGINS!

synabetic

Wow! That Dredd font looks excellent! Perfect, even Nice work :)

Dunno about the 80s 2000AD logo, though... doesn't seem to fit with the restof what's going on... however, with some tweeking, it may.
Still, it doesn't look half bad anyway.
:D

Bacon!
Steve

Leigh S

Heres a mock up for the aborted Dredd monthly (though it might have been envisaged as a fortnightly - my memory's shot!)...

If only!http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n68/DobeyKweeg/dreddmagsmall.jpg">

J.Smith

I love that Bolland cover. Very cool and i too thought that was Giant on the right. Oh well, looking forward to the prog. :)

ukdane

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/movies/logowipes.gif">
Cheers

-Daney

Woolly

That there animation is a *PERFECT* way to promote 2000ad.
Anyone who has ever read 2000ad will recognise some part of it, and also know what to look for in the future - Genius!!

Top marks!

ukdane

Did it ages ago, it's been on this site for an age too (well just after the latest logo arrived.)
Cheers

-Daney

JOE SOAP

>I just wonder if the number "2000" makes it seem impenetrable and old-hat to potential newer readers?

Yeah, should have re-named it 3000ad (or something) and relaunched when the year 2000ad came and went.

2000ad is the past.

No, they shouldn't rename it, 2000AD is fine, The name represents the idea or ideal of a new millenium which we are now living in, so it fits perfectly. 2000AD was, a lot of the time, a comment on our own present.

The stories are set mostly -particularly Dredd- in this millenium not the next, with exceptions of course but the dominant theme or context in 2000AD is fiction that represents or reflects our times. When 2000AD was launched first the actual year was just over 20 years away. It represented a vision of the future with many different facets but still close to our own.

To rename it 3000AD is just silly, why destroy an appreciated & recognisable name?

Woolly

2000ad is the name of the comic, simple as that.
To have changed it would have (IMO) shown a lack of confidence in the comic itself (lets face it - a title is just a title!)

2000AD - you know it makes sense!

Woolly

"(lets face it - a title is just a title!)"

Admittedly, that sounds like a reason to *change* the title, but thats not what i meant!

JOE SOAP

>2000ad is the name of the comic, simple as that.
To have changed it would have (IMO) shown a lack of confidence in the comic itself (lets face it - a title is just a title!)

To begin with it was just a title but it's hard to deny that over 30 years it has, like a lot of art, grown to mean more.

Woolly

Thats what i *meant* to say. Honest!