Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Frank

Quote from: johnnystress on 19 June, 2012, 11:33:44 PM
Our Prez
http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/06/19/pimp-his-ride-you-say/

You have a President and a Taoiseach? I thought you wee buggers were supposed to be making efficiency savings?

The wheels on that lawmaster aren't big enough, Urban's chin doesn't look big enough in that picture, etc, etc, you all know the fucking drill ...

TordelBack

So that's what the 'D' stands for!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 19 June, 2012, 11:40:16 PM
The wheels on that lawmaster aren't big enough

Feckin' President's not big enough.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 June, 2012, 11:42:19 PM
The wheels on that lawmaster aren't big enough
Feckin' President's not big enough.

I hear that if you catch hold of him and don't let go, he has to tell you where the EC bailout money is.

Beaky Smoochies

"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

JOE SOAP

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 June, 2012, 03:48:38 AM
He shouldn't be accepting donations from convicted fuel smugglers with paramilitary connections then, the idiot. Corrupt as any Fianna Fáil man.

Didn't he say something about it not resting in his personal account or whatever, or was that Father Ted I'm thinking of?  You have to admit Joe, had it not been for the orchestrated stitch-up (and that now infamous mention of an envelope, oops!) on that RTE debate, he'd be sitting in the Aras right now...

JOE SOAP

I don't believe he would. Still can't deny the truth of corruption though, and I don't know why anyone would want someone with those connections in the Aras.

As for orchestration in RTE, heh, I'd like to see them try and orchestrate anything. Incompetency all the way at that level. I have a fair idea what went on there and it was far from 'conspiracy'. You give them too much credit.

Beaky Smoochies

Yeah, but that last week going in to election day, he was several points ahead of everyone else, until that RTE debate, after which, his ratings cratered and that was all she wrote for poor Sean, had he coasted, or at the very least, effectively deflected those allegations, you'd be calling HIM Prez now, am I wrong...?

JOE SOAP

Well you're not right either. With or without TV debates he was going to lose when corruption info -which it inevitably would- came out.

johnnystress

You have a President and a Taoiseach? I thought you wee buggers were supposed to be making efficiency savings?

Cutting welfare and increasing taxes for the lower paid will soon sort things out.

johnnystress

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 June, 2012, 03:48:38 AM
Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 20 June, 2012, 03:38:44 AM

Booo, I was rootin' for Sean Gallagher, he was robbed...

Corrupt as any Fianna Fáil man.

Hi IS a Fianna Fáil man..to the core.

As my helpful little info graphic illustrates...that's him on the end there

He manoeuvred himself away from the party to run as an independent because of all the negativity towards FF. And it worked! Because we, the Irish electorate are deeply stupid.
I agree with Beaky ( I can't believe I just typed that); Only for that incident on RTE, orchestrated or not, he would now be in the Áras