Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slip de Garcon

Wow, that Pilger guy's a fucking loon. It's quite impressive how wrong about everything one journo can be. To be fair it was originally published in the Guardian - which is why no one's ever read it before.

It's touching to find someone who thinks that by definition everything the USA does is EVIL because they are the USA. It's almost like looking at the world through a pair of French glasses.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Slip de Garcon on 12 September, 2013, 09:44:42 PM
It's touching to find someone who thinks that by definition everything the USA does is EVIL because they are the USA. It's almost like looking at the world through a pair of French glasses.

It's wrong to stereotype the US but ok to do it to the French?

Professor Bear

That's different - the French are foreign.
I would also point out that rather than "no-one seeing it", the Guardian's website is one of the most highly-viewed in the world, though admittedly most of those views are from right-wing trolls who regularly invade the comments sections to post some variation of WRONG WRONG THIS ARTICLE IS WRONG THIS JOURNALIST IS WRONG THE TORIES ARE GREAT THE GUARDIAN IS SHIT HMPH like they're doing everyone a favor rather than holding up a sign with the word "wanker" on it and an arrow pointing downwards.  If the article writer is female, the abuse is significantly worse.
For some reason.

Hey, I may as well ask the mods while I'm here: is it okay to start a thread titled "The FUCK THE TORIES thread"?

johnnystress

Here in Ireland we will soon be voting on whether or not to retain the seanad (senate). This in this morning's metro newspaper

TordelBack

Quote from: johnnystress on 18 September, 2013, 08:09:05 AM
Here in Ireland we will soon be voting on whether or not to retain the seanad (senate). This in this morning's metro newspaper

Yon Pinterest image isn't showing up for me Johnny, but here's a link to it if anyone is having the same problems:  Metro piece

Further down that column the destruction of Alderaan is directly linked to the abolition of the Galactic Senate, which is a valid point.

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?pbid=29d1fc55-aa9f-42b7-a349-7e59ecaeb548

johnnystress

Cheers TB

And to return the favour here is that link for those not registered with Metro online

johnnystress

Quote from: johnnystress on 18 September, 2013, 08:09:05 AM

Zarjazzer

Quote from: johnnystress on 18 September, 2013, 10:16:47 AM
Cheers TB

And to return the favour here is that link for those not registered with Metro online

But it worked fine for the peddlers of weapons of mass destruction... :-\you know this might be  a bit more worrying than I thought.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

TordelBack

QuoteThe church's pastoral ministry cannot be obsessed with the transmission of a disjointed multitude of doctrines to be imposed insistently.

You know who said this?  The Pope.  THE POPE.  What the hell is happening to the world.

He also said:

QuoteA person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: When God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person

I appear to have woken up in the Mirror Universe.  I'm going back to bed until I grow a goatee.

In the meantime I'd advise Francis to get a bulletproof cassock.

JayzusB.Christ

Wow! Never thought I'd say it, but nice one, Franky Boy!  The P Monster has come good this time.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

I always thought it was the duty of a Pope to be up his own arse. Seemingly not, because for once in my life I have alot of time for one. This guy honestly acts like a normal human for once. :)

TordelBack

Oh it's probably all a cynical stage-managed ploy by the Vatican moneymen to broaden modern appeal and suck in yet more shekels, and I don't see the golden throne being broken up to fund family planning clinics just yet, but you can't aheh expect miracles ahemhem (at least until he's been dead a while), so given that these ex officio words do have an influence on a fair few folk, I'll take what I can get.

I have plenty of time for Jesus himself, but his HR department has always been a joke.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 September, 2013, 09:20:29 AM
Oh it's probably all a cynical stage-managed ploy by the Vatican moneymen to broaden modern appeal and suck in yet more shekels, and I don't see the golden throne being broken up to fund family planning clinics just yet, but you can't aheh expect miracles ahemhem (at least until he's been dead a while), so given that these ex officio words do have an influence on a fair few folk, I'll take what I can get.

I have plenty of time for Jesus himself, but his HR department has always been a joke.

Despite viewing this 'more compassionate' outlook,  with much cynicism .....I too am hopeful that this could be a small 'step change',  in what has previously been an intractable and antiquated organisation...

Cheers.... :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Professor Bear

Not bad going considering he only has to be better than a Nazi.

The Legendary Shark

Yes, listen to the nice man who represents an organisation that insists you need an intermediary between you and God because you were born sinful and can't be trusted to be good on your own.

"Split a piece of wood and you will find me; lift a stone and I am there." In other words - we don' need no steenkin' chorches...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]