Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modern Panther

QuoteWhat a negative lot. It's as if you want the country to fail

That'd be funny if it wasn't the entire basis of the leave campaign.

Millions of ordinary people have no idea whether or not they might be deported at any time. The UK government has done nothing to assuage their fears and instead refers to them as "bargaining chips". It's nothing less than shameful. 

But anyone who doesn't want to go along with this self important, uninformed, nationalistic wave just doesnt love old Blighty enough.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Modern Panther on 19 August, 2016, 05:24:11 PM
But anyone who doesn't want to go along with this self important, uninformed, nationalistic wave just doesnt love old Blighty enough.

Are you one of them communists Tom Watson is warning us about?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 August, 2016, 06:32:51 PM
Quote from: Modern Panther on 19 August, 2016, 05:24:11 PM

Are you one of them communists Tom Watson is warning us about?
The Guardian was right all along!

Modern Panther

QuoteAre you one of them communists Tom Watson is warning us about?

Well, someone must be.  There's no way a bunch of members of the Labour party just want a left-wing leader with left wing policies, who doesn't pander to the 24 hour news cycle.  An evil conspiracy must be underway. 

Corbyn doesn't even know who Ant and Dec are, which is certainly the first quality I look for in a leader.

COMMANDO FORCES

I like Corbyladen, he's a Brexit voter :thumbsup:

TordelBack

Quote from: Modern Panther on 19 August, 2016, 07:14:58 PM
Corbyn doesn't even know who Ant and Dec are...

Probably Trots, hanging out in a foreign jungle carrying out endless trials of suspected media types.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 07:23:44 PM
I like Corbyladen, he's a Brexit voter :thumbsup:
Please tell me you used that phrase ironically...

COMMANDO FORCES

What! Are you not one of his disciples, as he's all for Brexit and always has been. At least he has that going for him :thumbsup:

Hawkmumbler

I find it incredibly unpleasent when someone juxtaposes an unpopular politician with an actual terrorist, come mass murder. It's the very disrespectful to the individuals in question, say nothing of the people effected by the comparing person. Corbynladen, Hitllary...urgh.

Please don't do that, CF, your better than that rabble.

COMMANDO FORCES

So it's okay for other forum members to call other politicians murderers but not get called out!

Hawkmumbler

I presume your referring to Blair, who's actions can be directly attributed deaths on insane scale, Corbyn can not.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 08:05:20 PM
So it's okay for other forum members to call other politicians murderers but not get called out!

Liberal Democrat, and a Tony Blair fan. The surprises just keep coming...

(And yet, somehow, the suggestion that I have voted Conservative in the past is cause for CF to cast doubts on my honesty...)

COMMANDO FORCES

Well done Jim. You know who I am a fan of now, you amaze me with your ability to read my mind. I'm not a Blair fan but he's not a murderer, otherwise after all these findings, wouldn't he be in prison by now.

You said you'd voted Tory if I'm correct, to stop UKIP in your area. You voted Tory, that's it really.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 08:15:36 PM
You said you'd voted Tory if I'm correct, to stop UKIP in your area. You voted Tory, that's it really.

Not the first time. I grew up in Ken Clarke's constituency, and voted for Fat Ken twice in General Elections. Clarke's Euro-friendly, laissez-faire brand of liberal conservatism is not unappealing. As I have said repeatedly, my apparent shift to the left over time is partly a reflection of the demonstrable failure of neo-liberal market economics in the last thirty years, and, much more, an artefact of the massive shift to the right in what is commonly defined as the 'centre ground' of UK politics.

As was noted by some political commentators at the time of his election as leader, there is relatively little in Corbyn's policy platform that would have appalled Edward Heath's Tory party. He's a centre-left social democrat. It's everyone else that's moved to the right.

Modern Panther

QuoteSo it's okay for other forum members to call other politicians murderers but not get called out!

I suppose the big difference is that Blair led us into a war, under false pretenses, which has killed and maimed countless thousands of people... whereas Corbyn just has a name that ends with a "bin" sound, leading to your hilariously comparing him to a mass murdering terrorist.