Main Menu

Thanos: Son of Titan by Joe Keatinge and Richard Elson

Started by Emperor, 03 July, 2012, 02:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Oooo I like Thanos and now Richard Elson is on art? Sold!!

QuoteIn October, Thanos: Son of Titan makes its debut as a five-issue miniseries that reveals the origin of this major galactic threat to civilization. (Thanos is also the foil to Captain America, Iron Man and Thor in Marvel's Avengers Assemble series.)

"It is about how Thanos came to be," says Joe Keatinge, 30, the up-and-coming writer who teams with British artist Richard Elson on Son of Titan.

www.usatoday.com/life/comics/story/2012-07-02/Thanos-Marvel-Comics-series/55988278/1
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Wow 20 seconds at the end of 'The Avengers' and Thanos makes USA Today now! The times they are a changin'!

Still I hope that means Richard Elson has finished the next Kingdom then... well a fella gotta dream!

Greg M.

Thinking about it, Elson's style will probably be a really good match for the character: he excels at solid, powerfully-built characters with a lot of presence. Don't know anything about Keatinge though - wonder how he'll cope with the fan-speculation on the complexity of Thanos's age? http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/age.html

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Greg M. on 03 July, 2012, 08:35:27 AM
... wonder how he'll cope with the fan-speculation on the complexity of Thanos's age? http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/age.html

HA that's hilarious. So now its a case of the more things change the more they stay the same!

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 July, 2012, 08:34:11 AM
Wow 20 seconds at the end of 'The Avengers' and Thanos makes USA Today now! The times they are a changin'!

Well there is a general feeling in the air that Thanos is going to get a big push soon, so while this in itself might not necessarily be too newspaperworthy, it is the start of a larger publicity effort.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Greg M.

The Adventurer

Well that's unfortunate. I wonder what's going on.

If Starlin is going to make a legal play for his character rights... all the power to him though.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

I can only assume the mighty Mr Elson realised the world needs more Kingdom and so abandoned this movie pandering nonsense to get back to Gene. well a man can dream.

Emperor

It does kind of sound like someone has come up with another use for Thanos because it seems he is going to be the main villain for the second Avengers movie and probably a stumulus for the Guardian of the Galaxy flick so plans are probably changing daily as they line everything up (and it seems Marvel have other plans for Mr Elson):

QuoteThanos' creator Jim Starlin, though adamantly scotching any talk of starting a lawsuit against Marvel Comics (the only creator to win one of those of late was Stan Lee) has been making it clear that he created Thanos before coming to Marvel Comics. And has proclaimed his displeasure with Marvel over using his creations in movies and comics without financial recompense.

Could this be an issue? Or did writer Joe Keatinge take a dump on Isaac Perlmutter's copy of the Wall Street Journal?

UPDATE: Joe Keatinge doesn't reply to emails but Steve Wacker tweets;

QuoteFor those interested, plans have indeed changed on Thanos. Nothing too dramatic, we just jumped the gun a bit. Joe Keatinge and Rich Elson both have projects coming up in the Spidey office that we'll be announcing soon. They're bloody great!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/27/marvel-cancels-thanos-son-of-titan-mini-series/