Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

I'm not even talking to you anymore! Coming round here with your 'new spirit of openess' and then sneaking off buying stuff!  ;)

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 August, 2013, 10:00:15 PM
I'm not even talking to you anymore! Coming round here with your 'new spirit of openess' and then sneaking off buying stuff!  ;)

You are welcome to come and look at it and have some beans some time. It's all I can afford.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Skullmo on 30 August, 2013, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 30 August, 2013, 10:00:15 PM

You are welcome to come and look at it and have some beans some time. It's all I can afford.

You're playing the Baked Beans thing up because it's your round, aren't you? I'm sure the bar staff accept Chris Westons...  ;)

Spikes

There's a Postman walking down my drive with a parcel. Wonder what it can be....   ;)

hippynumber1

I have also just had a postal delivery!  :o

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

It's a summons from my Bank Manager!  ;)

Link Prime

A superb haul Skullmo (especially considering your upcoming purchase of that-which-shall-not-be-mentioned).

Love the Weston Nemesis, a shame he never did more than that winter special- he was well suited to the world of Termight.

Sideshow Bob

Wow, Skullmo...
I'm intensely jealous, very happy for you on acquiring that Devlin Waugh page...
It's truly wonderful, and would fit in my Devlin collection really well...

Well done mate......Was it for sale,  or did you acquire it directly from the artist ???
I only ask coz I'd not seen it anywhere ??

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

One of three that arrived this morning

An Elson and a MacNeil to come later...

Sideshow Bob

Oooohhhhh !!...
Very nice indeed Mark......

Where is this from ???.....I've never seen anything like this before....
C'mon how did you manage to get this ???...What's the story ??

I can imagine SimeonB will be positively 'green' delighted for you when he sees this piece...
Great stuff....

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

This is Henry Flint's Shakara cover to prog 1727. Not a very interesting story I'm afraid though, it was part of a trade I did with a Mr Wakefield Carter for one of my Mick Austin Finn covers...

Sideshow Bob

Didn't realise it was a cover, Mark...
I must have missed that one when it came out......I'll have to have a look to see what it looks like as the Prog cover...

Well done, though ...It's a very unusual,  but utterly amazing piece.... :o
You must be well 'chuffed'...your collection seems to be growing at an exponential rate at the moment !!
And kidneys still intact obviously... :D
Cheers

ming

Great stuff, Mark - looking forward to seeing the rest!

Spikes

Day of Chaos: A tale that took nearly a year to unfold, and when the day finally arrived we was left with this closing image.....