Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psidude

this is the depths we have been pushed too the waiting is killing me we need a teaser trailer more pics some thing :'( :'(

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 03 June, 2012, 01:07:55 AM
The official Dredd Facebook page has updated the plot outline of the movie. No new info, and It's a bit spoilery so I won't copy and paste it here, but head to Facebook if you want to check it out yourself.

With tags:

[spoiler]The future America is an irradiated waste land. On its East Coast, running from Boston to Washington DC, lies Mega City One- a vast, violent metropolis where criminals rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order lies with the urban cops called "Judges" who possess the combined powers of judge, jury and instant executioner. Known and feared throughout the city, Dredd (Karl Urban) is the ultimate Judge, challenged with ridding the city of its latest scourge – a dangerous drug epidemic that has users of "Slo-Mo" experiencing reality at a fraction of its normal speed.

During a routine day on the job, Dredd is assigned to train and evaluate Cassandra Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), a rookie with powerful psychic abilities thanks to a genetic mutation. A heinous crime calls them to a neighborhood where fellow Judges rarely dare to venture- a 200 story vertical slum controlled by prostitute turned drug lord Ma-Ma (Lena Headey) and her ruthless clan. When they capture one of the clan's inner circle, Ma-Ma overtakes the compound's control center and wages a dirty, vicious war against the Judges that proves she will stop at nothing to protect her empire. With the body count climbing and no way out, Dredd and Anderson must confront the odds and engage in the relentless battle for their survival.

The endlessly inventive mind of writer Alex Garland and director Pete Travis bring DREDD to life as a futuristic neo-noir action film. Filmed in 3D with stunning slow motion photography sequences, the film returns the celebrated character to the dark, visceral incarnation from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's revered comic strip.[/spoiler]

COMMANDO FORCES

Would it not be better to have a HIGH IMPACT promotional advertising campaign! We know the budget is small compared to the beasts of established franchises, so it has to work much harder for the general public to keep it on their radar.

I believe this is where the forum can help to some degree by pushing it on all the sites that we visit, rather than just sitting back and hoping that everyone sees the campaign (look at how many people still didn't know terrestrial tv was closing down and that campaign was quite large).

Going back to the promotional push itself I'm looking forward to seeing how the film is marketed, as I believe that due to the actual marketing budget it will be extremely well thought out and aimed squarely at the designated demographic.

Steve Green

That would be fine when they have a bit more to back it up, like a logo on their fb site, a poster, and a trailer...

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Bubba Zebill

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steve Green

Quote from: Dark Bat King on 03 June, 2012, 12:27:24 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 June, 2012, 11:15:40 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 03 June, 2012, 09:11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsoScA4_wWA

About 6 mins in.

Classic, thanks.

What am I missing? No Dredd references at all... though it is all in 2D

Some were asking about the difference between film and video off the back of the 3D/48fps argument.

Bubba Zebill

Such a long thread, but I don't recall the blood spattered shield before...I'm sure we've seen this.
http://www.filmdates.co.uk/films/2146-dredd/
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Steve Green

That's old - it turned up around the same time as an industry festival - no-one seems to know where it came from, as it's not very pro looking.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Pretty cool synopsis, maybe a bit too long though?

(Regarding fb page update)

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 June, 2012, 11:22:24 AM
Would it not be better to have a HIGH IMPACT promotional advertising campaign! We know the budget is small compared to the beasts of established franchises, so it has to work much harder for the general public to keep it on their radar.

I believe this is where the forum can help to some degree by pushing it on all the sites that we visit, rather than just sitting back and hoping that everyone sees the campaign (look at how many people still didn't know terrestrial tv was closing down and that campaign was quite large).

Already on the case!  I've been posting like crazy on Facebook, and other forums I visit.  I've been discussing it at some length with film loving friends and colleagues.  I also have been raising awareness of Wagners opinions etc with other 2000AD readers who don't visit this forum.  I'm a one-man hype machine!   :D

JOE SOAP

I'm sure you'll all be vocal when you're going through the 5 stages or grief when the film tanks in expectations.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 June, 2012, 01:34:34 PM
I'm sure you'll all be vocal when you're going through the 5 stages or grief when the film tanks in expectations.

Come on you dont really think that.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

For a certian portion, yes I do, you can't plese everyone.