Main Menu

Ultimate Not Dredd Tournament (UNDT)

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 July, 2020, 07:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So now the Godpleton cup has been awarded we've moving onto the next thing and I'd like that to be a character based tourney to determine which character, who isn't Judge Dredd is the most popular.

Here's how I plan this to work, its a bit like American football (in my head at least, I've not watch that since like 1988 or something!). The Tourney will start with 128 characters split across two divisions 'Heroes' and 'Villians' and we can discuss which characters are which as we go on! The 64 in each division will be split into 16 groups, each group based on a theme... but with enough room for me to cheat a bit!

Nominations: I have selected 3 of the 4 characters in each group, so 48 slots in each division have gone. To cover the fact I will have missed folk (cards on table I've had this set up for a few weeks now and until last week I'd missed Nemesis out!) or there are characters whose popularity I have under estimated. But mainly as there are just too many characters, I've left a slot in each group open for nominations by you fine folks and I'll explain that in another thread.

Round 1: The 128 characters will be halved as we vote on each group of characters across the two divisions and 2 from each group go through.

Round 2: We Get it down to 32 characters. Still in Groups (two getting through from each Group) still in divisions

Round 3: Still in divisions we go into a knockout format, with characters facing off against each other.

THE MERGING - As it can be so difficult to determine whether a 2000ad character is a hero or a villian we mush the two divisions together from here on in.

Round 4: 16 characters, 8 votes completely random draw, you know the format.

Quarter finals: Random draw you got it by now.

Semi finals

Finals

Maybe a face off with the winner against Dredd - who I'm excluding - or maybe we'll just assume Joe'll win, but on this one maybe not? Let's see how we feel hey.

broodblik

This looks awesome, great stuff again Colin  :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.