Main Menu

2000AD presentation

Started by Demon Chicken, 30 January, 2006, 10:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

How about guns that recognise the user and dont fire when in the hands of someone else.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Biochips
Electronic eyes
Mo-pads
A facist US government
Lock up your spoons!

Funt Solo

"A facist US government"

I think Orwell might have dibs on that one.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

Try Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here (1935).

The book "starts with the highly contested election of an oafish yet strangely charismatic president, who talks like a 'reformer' but is really in the pocket of big business, who claims to be a home-spun 'humanist,' while appealing to religious extremists, and who speaks of 'liberating' women and minorities, as he gradually strips them of all their rights. One character, when describing him, says, 'I can't tell if he's a crook or a religious fanatic.'.... The president, taking advantage of an economic crisis, strong-arms Congress into signing blank checks over to the military and passing stringent and possibly unconstitutional laws, e.g. punishing universities when they don't permit military recruiting or are not vociferous enough in their approval of his policies. Eventually, he takes advantage of the crisis to convene military tribunals for civilians, and denounce all of his detractors as unpatriotic and possibly treasonous."

BrianO

Don't forget when asked what your weakness's are to explain that when exposed to the radiation from fragments of your home planet you lose all your powers and become as weak as a mouse. Quickly follow this up with the line,
"Actually I do tend to use humour to lighten tense situations"

Thank you to Noisybast for that one!

Will I. Cooling

For debates (which are kinda five minute presentations) there a set format your suggested to follow. Have an introduction where you outline what you going to be talking about, then a middle where you outline three main points and then a conclusion where you restate your three points,etc. That way you have five points (intro, 3 substantive points and a conclusion) for five minutes.

Good luck with the job interview
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Devons Daddy

you could try science fact of today. based on science fiction ideas,
which are primarily found in the comics many of todays boffins read in their youth.

helps you have a ready knowledge, 2000ad and waffle with elegance with such acknowledged creations the panel likely read about in the newspapers.

(star trek had the  first automatic sliding doors)which are now common in shops these days.
there is a bio medical company with a prototype model of a needleless hypodermic injector, again a star trek first.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!