Main Menu

Subscribing and free gifts

Started by 2000AD Online, 16 December, 2004, 08:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Has anyone recently (re)subscribed or taken up the extension offer and got their Dredd mug? I renewed a few weeks ago and my mugs (I ordered a spare) haven't pitched up. I don't want to hassle the subs dept if there is a delay on the mugs, so if someone could let me know if theirs has arrived then that would be appreciated.
Lock up your spoons!

Bolt-01

Doc, I took the text about the mugs to be that they were still at the making them stage. I've paid for one (as per my subs offer) which was nice- seems to be that monthly subbers are now getting the option to buy the new freebies (I got the Dredd tee earlier this year) as opposed to getting an anniversary gift that mjany never got.

thinky

i never received any gifts despite subscribing for over 4 years - although admittedly this was mostly due to my being one of those scummy monthly payers

i also missed out on the free graphic novels offer because i didn't receive any letters... i was assured by denise that the offer would be taking place again 'soon',  but years down the line i've given up waiting...

while my recent cancelling of subscriptions hasn't had anything to do with this, it certainly didn't make me think twice.

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Tu-plang

Well the 'point' of subscribing to me is that, living in Oz, it gives me the prog a good seven weeks in advance of the newsagent for a good deal less cash.  As far as gifts go, I got a beanie, a Glimmer Rats GN and nothing since about 2002.  I don't know when my anniversary is, either.  I'm a scummy monthly payer by financial necessity.

johnnystress

I subscribe to the Megazine and The EE

Was I meant to get a free gift?

iutley

If I remember right the free gift was for subbing to the Meg and Tooth, not EE.

Toni Scandella

I got the Judge Death Keyring when I first subbed, but thought the free gifts were just for new subs and not for existing ones, so never expected anything else and was not therefore disappointed when nothing was exactly what I got ;) .

osullivanj

I recently took advantage of the offer to extend my subscription and get the free mug, but I can see from reading the previous posts I am not alone in not having received the mug.
Is there anyone from Rebellion reading this? Any comments on the mug situation?

TheEdge

I pay yearly and have been getting mine

30 year Tshirt- Abaddon books etc

The only problem i have is the reminder notes telling me my sub is going to run out soon even thought theres 7 or 8 months of the sub year still to go.
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Wake

Here's the small print for the mug gift...

QuotePremium Gift for  subscribers to both comics as a single subscription:   2000AD Coffee Mug.  UK postage free.   Eur and RoW postage contribution of £2.50. Applies to New and Renewing Annual subscribers, and New Monthly paying subscribers.

osullivanj

I think the question being asked (particularly by people who renewed back in July  ;) ) is where is the mug?

Wake

Quote from: "osullivanj"I think the question being asked (particularly by people who renewed back in July  ;) ) is where is the mug?

I've just checked and the mugs are not in stock yet and probably won't be until October at the earliest.

osullivanj

coastguardjackuk

Well, I have been considering subscribing for a while but have decided against it because the thought of my progs and megs not appearing on the correct day due to strikes, christmas post delays (imagine the xmas prog not arriving til January because of a back log of stupid forest destroying and energy/money wasting christmas cards!) is quite literally unthinkable whereas in the 19 months since I have re-discovered the galaxies greatest, my newsagent has let me down once for ONE DAY. But (and this, like King Henry Windsor McKray's is a big but) if I had known that a subscription renewal entitles the subscriber to whatever the current free gift is every year upon renewal I would probably have subscribed ages ago. Tharg, I can't believe this little bonus is not mentioned in the subs ads. Definitely makes me extremely likely to subscribe, infact virtually certain.
Building up a nice crust since 1969...

DavidXBrunt

Only if you pay up front. Sub by direct devit and you don't get the annual gift.

Still, highly recommended service. Moer often not they are early and I've never had the End of Year Prog delayed, as you fear might happen.