Main Menu

Things to come... Savage!

Started by Patrick, 25 February, 2004, 01:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Having read the Invasion special edition (and gained a deeper appreciation of Armoured Gideon III), I'm now eagerly awaiting what Pat Mills will do with the character in his new "Savage" series. When the master returns to his greatest creation, I predict...

The Volgan high command will turn out to be secretly the latest incarnation of the amphibious Annunaki elder-god types who created mankind, and have preserved their bloodline for millenia, manipulating world affairs from behind the scenes, and conspiring with their cold, reptilian logic to stop us all having any fun. Their queen is Rosa Volgaska, who's been keeping Big Nessie McNairn in deathless torment in her underwater lair halfway to Canada.

King Charles is also one of them, much to the horror of his son, Prince John, who's been infected by humanity after hanging out with Savage all those years ago. The king is leading a campaign for British people to love the Volgans, which everyone (especially the posh softies) goes along with, with the noble exception of our favourite hard man.

To defeat this ancient conspiracy, Savage must live up to his name, cast off the last vestiges of civilisation (which are pretty damn vestigial already, it has to be said), become the ultimate beast-man, and usher in a new golden age of free love, female treachery and male mindless violence. Oh, and king Charles will be the, er, butt of numerous hilarious jokes about taking it up the arse.

You wait and see...

JimBob

Sorry Patrick your wrong.

Bill Savage: Cabbie of Death

"I had that General Vorskie in the back of me cab once, now I don't care what you say about our east European oppressors but they've been tough on crime and sorted immigration. So what if they're amphibians from beyond the stars. I'm with Richard Littlejohn on that one.
 Whats that? Nah dont go south of the watch towers mate."

paulvonscott

I'm hoping that isn't the case.  

Come on Pat, give us some action!

Dounreay

I predict...violent death...skimpy clothes...anti-religious rants...

Could end up more Lily Savage than Doc Savage tho.

philt

...Savage the sequel no one wants to the prequel no one wanted...

Smiley

thrillpowerseeker

Already the Pat Mills effigys are being prepared

expect more links with titles like 'Are Mills and Icke ushering in Neo-Nazism by the back door?' ooh er

Quirkafleeg

"We don't want no Volg piggy-backing puftahs in manor!"

opaque

Is it going to be a follow on from the original or something totally different?
I quite like the idea of the retaking of England being shown.

The Amstor Computer

As I understand it, Savage is a freedom fighter/terrorist (depending on whether you're a Brit or a dirty Volg) battling on in the UK after the events of Invasion. Unless someone knows different, it certainly looks like a straight sequel.

I suspect the whole "one man's freedom fighter..." angle is going to be played up, but whether the story will have anything interesting to say about that is really dependent on the strength of Pat Mills' writing. If he can rein in his excesses & continue his return to form, Savage could be a star thrill.

Cthulouis

tou never know, it could bridge the gap between the old invasion stories and Hamersteins war memwoiers (does this board have a spell check?) I seem to remember there being a thread on this board asking for more robots (and dinosaurs) could be potential here methinks

The Amstor Computer

It takes place in 2004. I don't have my progs handy, but I don't think that puts it in a position to be a link between the two, and, to be honest, I'd be irritated if it was.

paulvonscott

Preview looks suitably good and in tone with the old stuff.  Not read EE yet of course.

Are there many missing episodes in the issue?

Oh and from the credits, it looks like GFD did most of the work on Savage.

All hail GFD!

paulvonscott

Heh, first page gets laughs.  BBC THREE announces the invasion of the Volgs.

Dudley

"Aieee!  Invaders killing indiscriminately... Brits unable to hold out... Prime Minister announces emergency War Cabinet... and all about Beyonce's boob job.  All in the next half hour of Liquid News."