Main Menu

The dead man.

Started by Oddboy, 08 August, 2002, 04:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Just won this (WOO HOOOOO!) on eBay but how much do you reckon I should say it's worth to my nonscrot girlfriend?http://www.silveracre.com/htmlsite/DCP04182.JPG">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Devons Daddy

a piece of thrill power, has no know value, how can one place a  value on a moment in time captured such as this,
that one does not work,trust me.
 in future avoid using the credit card or any other traceable currency , cold hard cash and a postal order works best.

the best bet would be to have it framed and pretend what ever you paid for it was inclusive of the frame, use cash for this action,

this will give the impression of value, to a non scrott,  the rest of us, we pay homage to your agility and securing such a piece of immense value,
superb catch sir,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

Given that you got it for the starting price, it's probably worth what you paid for it (?32 inc postage). After all, it is Dredd under those wraps.

A standard art page seems to range from ?20 to ?40 depending on the artist and content. Obviously, some pages can be worth a lot more.

Wake

Devons Daddy

just a thought. i take it odd girl is a live in servo unit. as such the title of this thread could be good description of your situation upon her return to the con-apt tonight,
better hope you get some great posts with suggestions asap. if shes not the live in model then no discussion at all may be the best way to go.
:~)
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

stodge

the big question is will she let you put it in a frame on the wall or not?  i got some gibson dredd of EBay and my girlfriend (BITCH!!) wont let me put it on the wall.  even though she has shitty Monet art prints (not even originals..Pah!!) on the wall, i can't have original Ian Gibson art work.....sulk!! :o(

Oddboy

At the moment we're flat mates rather than 'live in' (subtle difference-it's the same house but we've got our own rooms) but we're getting our own place soon (hopefully in time for the oddwedding) & it's then that I'll have to battle to get it on the wall.

Curiously enough, bluetac'd on the inside of the toilet door of our current flat there's a picture of Dan Dare & the Mekkon.

stodge

where was this on the EBay site?  i look there everyday (no life!) and i didn't see it.  send a link if you would be so kind...

Oddboy

I found it by searching for "original art" in the 'comics' category.  Had to sift through a lot of crap to find it though.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2126467015" target="_blank">Deadman on eBay (SOLD!)

stodge

must have missed that but i don't think i would have splashed out anyway with the outlook my girlfriend has.  i'll have to slap her around a bit and see if that helps (yeah right!!)

Devons Daddy

i shall share the method i have cultivated over the years with you all.
 when purchasing a piece of thrill power,
1/ use cash. no traceable forms of currency exchange
2/encourage her to purchase that useless piece but cheap item she has her eye on,dont buy it for her right away, just let her think about it then offer to pay.
3/have the item delivered to another location, not shared con-apt. work place parents etc.
4/ dont discuss actual piece with non scrot partner, come here share and enjoy the understanding nods.

these tactics are not to be shared with female non scrotts, wake please can we not allow jenny mek to see this post. she is obliged to post it on the WWW,women take note site.
to all you younger chaps. purchasing thrill power is a enjoyable and personal pleasure, we all enjoy it but its not nice to talk about in public places or amongst strangers, and never in front of females.
so dim the lights and close the curtains, and get those fingers working, e bay is there for a reason just like the top shelf where you get 2000ad
enjoy
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Trout

There will be an Odd-wedding? Hooray! Congratulations!

What comic elements will there be?

At my wedding last year, we had Superman and Lois on top of the wedding cake and my stage night T-shirts had me as Superman.

We still have the sugar Clark and Lois. The grrom figure had on a tux and he was pulling open his jacket to reveal the old red and blue!

Much fun!

The menu also included fish, FYI.

- Trout

Trout

Er, I mean stag night.

Devons Daddy

so trout

was halo jones the exotic dancer?
now if she was then hand over the phone number.

did dredd or someone in the law enforcement agency have cause to jion you, at the stag night

where the other geusts given copies of tooth as welcome gifts,

these are all important factors to consider when lookign back on the day you began having to justify your 2000ad subscription.

odd boy. you may want to consider these things for your big day.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!