Main Menu

ZARJAZ! A.B.C. Warriors special. Call for creators.

Started by Bolt-01, 11 November, 2009, 02:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

We've decided that to celebrate the upcoming A.B.C. Warriors animation from Firestep & Rebellion we will begin to work on a special issue of ZARJAZ.

To that end what we'd like to do is feature seven strips in the issue- that is one for each warrior. So if you have a Mongrol script rattling around your noggin, or a desire to see Morrigun back for one more time, feel free to pitch to us at the usual address. The blog can be found in my sig below.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 11 November, 2009, 02:08:53 PM

We've decided that to celebrate the upcoming A.B.C. Warriors animation from Firestep & Rebellion we will begin to work on a special issue of ZARJAZ.

I'll have a ponder about a script, but sign me up for some drawin' ... even if it's just a spot illo for something.

Sounds fan-bloody-tastic!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bolt-01

It is actually His Lordship's idea, and I think it is a cracking one. Credit where it's due.

Mike Gloady

BRILLIANT IDEA.

Don't be too surprised if you get lots of Ro-Jaws & Mek-Quake submissions!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Colin YNWA

Is there any particular format, way etc you'd want a pitch? I might have an idea so need to know what to work towards in the first instance.

Cheers

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 November, 2009, 02:42:13 PM
Is there any particular format, way etc you'd want a pitch? I might have an idea so need to know what to work towards in the first instance.

Cheers

If you want to, send us a brief summary of your idea and we'll take it from there.
I rather suspect a flood of Deadlock scripts and poor old Mess will be left in the corner alone..!

uncle fester

Great idea guys, though I can hear the floodgates opening from here! Don't suppose you'll be needing any single or splash pages??  :)

Kev Levell

Awesome - I'd love to be a part of it. (e-mailing you now!)

Kerrin

Richmond Clements

Quote from: uncle fester on 11 November, 2009, 02:55:38 PM
Great idea guys, though I can hear the floodgates opening from here! Don't suppose you'll be needing any single or splash pages??  :)

We literally only came up with this idea this afternoon- so it's too early to say! But if you want to do one and fire it over, I'm sure we could find a home for it.

Emperor

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 11 November, 2009, 02:08:53 PMTo that end what we'd like to do is feature seven strips in the issue- that is one for each warrior.

Aren't there more than 7? Is there a specific line-up you are after or will you just pick the best seven?

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 11 November, 2009, 02:46:06 PMI rather suspect a flood of Deadlock scripts and poor old Mess will be left in the corner alone..!

Is that a challenge I smell? I've got nothing (now) but do oh so love a challenge. See, just while typing that I've got a title, now for a story.... hmmmmm. Nothing yet, but its early days.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bolt-01

And 'this' is why we are starting by talking about it. For the Slaine issue we had to be very hush-hush, so we emailed specific writers for input, but for this we are able to be much more open about the whole deal.

As His Lordship said though- this is 'very' early days for this, and to be honest I've no idea which issue it will be, though I'm thinking it might be 11 (Spring 2011) as the next two issues are fairly well locked in.

Emperor

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 11 November, 2009, 03:49:50 PMAs His Lordship said though- this is 'very' early days for this, and to be honest I've no idea which issue it will be, though I'm thinking it might be 11 (Spring 2011) as the next two issues are fairly well locked in.

You could always do a "Spread the Word" special like you did with "Stak!" - it might be too late to do it for Hi-Ex I suppose, or would it?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Bolt-01

As much as I'd like to be able to say 'yes' to getting all full speed ahead on this to the detriment of all else- there are strips ready for print in the next Zarjaz that I've had for quite a while and it would be wrong to bump them.

And as for a solo special- the printer funds wouldn't really take it- though I am thinking of getting the next issue of both Zarjaz and Dogbreath ready for Hi-Ex!