Main Menu

The Bogie Man – Help!

Started by Dudley, 11 January, 2005, 03:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudlette

I'm doing the same - got Vertigo, Rear Window, Some Like It Hot, Taxi Driver and various other DVDs in the New Year sales and every one of them turned out to be as good as they said it'd be.

Leigh S

Its a good resolution to make - I had to restrain myself from frisbying DVDs at the idiots in HMV who were saying how they were going to see White Noise and Alexander "so they could see just how bad they were" ... Arrrrgggh! Why waste a fiver plus and hours of your life watching a film you know is going to be bad, when you could watch something good?

Bico

I bet you're thinking of Angels With Dirty Faces, Jared.  Bogey's in that one, as a bit of a heel, and Cagney's in it, too.  Brilliant film.

DavidXBrunt

Well you should watch Casablance because it's a great film. Simple as.

Me dads a big fan of Humphrey DeForest Bogart so it's easy to buy his presents - anything related to the great man.

Odders there's not a duffer in that boxset, all worth a watch.

raspberry reich

i watched casablanca it was brillant. you should also watch citezen kane its a very importent movie

Carlsborg Expert.

I know this is a tangate,But its gumshoe stuff. Did anyone catch Rourke and De Niro in Angel Heart last night? A real Alan Parker film.

Conexus

I saw citizen Kane, and I thought "meh" Though it was probably spoilerised that with an alarming number scenes I was reminded of Simpsons parodies of them and it was a a lil' distracting

House of Usher

Dudley, you should look for a synopsis on the IMDB.

But, for what it's worth, Rick Blaine owns a bar in Casablanca. That's in Morocco, isn't it? Anyway, Casablanca is under German wartime occupation. Some missing German travel documents come into Rick's possession, which can be used to fly two people to America. Rick can sell them on the black market. Then his old girlfriend Ilse turns up, accompanied by her husband Victor Laszlo, a Czech resistance leader wanted by the Nazis. Rick isn't pleased to see Ilse, who ran off and left him in Paris.
STRIKE !!!

Trout

Just watch Casablanca, Dudley. It's a great and you'll appreciate the Bogie Man stories more.

- Trout

Oddboy

Trout's right - it's a win:win situation.

DXB - so you're saying I should visit my mother-in-law more often? ;)
Better set your phaser to stun.