Main Menu

PROG 1426: Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon

Started by Tiplodocus, 14 February, 2005, 04:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

Droid Life: Always great

Dredd: Artwork is good but that is not a Nosferatu, thats some kiddies tv character isn't it? It's a let down when you compare it to say the alien that the Simp Dectective has let alone the original one. We know D'Israeli can do good monsters though.

Second City Blues: Not bad, nice to have the sci-fi elements in it. Anyone got any ideas about what the title actually relates to?

Tiger Sun Dragon Moon: Mmm inteesting but yes the mixtures of weaponry and timescale (Chinese vehicles, Dredd world?) are a bit odd, but then only the first episode. Art looks rough compared to other stories in this prog. The cover art is more along the lines I'm used to/expect. But I've seen miles worse before.

Low Life: Very good. V nice artwork and the story makes sense. This is the more localised stuff in MC1 I like to see.

Dante: Oh god someone give Dante a break or actually do something with it. Treading water? It's been sucked down to the bottom of the ocean and is being picked to pieces by microscopic sealife. This isn't Dante it's some dodgy spy thriller more akin to Synammon or something.

Queen Firey-Bou

late late late;

damn i'm thick, i thought dantes name was romanov, meaning margaritte had a thing for dantes dad, but dantes mum had gotten him first, whereas previously i would have assumed margaritte was protective of mum in a comfy shoes way, probably one sided. now i am confused, maybe she was in love with an older dante? what is his name when its not romanov ?
krakens irritating me.

low life; colebys art is great for this, the story rocks, gritty yet funny.

dredd; muddy & disease ridden, i got exited about the panel where the guy with hat turns into the beastie.

tiger: i got very exited in general & liked the fuzzy mid air feet, & general fleet footed whooshing around of red-skull bloke.

droid life; funny.

SCB. mmm wonder what thats about.

input; "i really hate that ", " i really love that". ZZZZ except steev's which was great of course.

envelope; ripped, much to my annoyance.

Bad Andy

Bou - wouldn't that have made the strip Nikolai Romanov?

95% sure it is his mum she's after. Agree with you about Kraken though. Bor-ing!

Opaque has a point about it being Synammon-esque too. Recently re-read my Titan Dante collection and it is so much better than this rubbish. I like Dante and he must try harder.

,Mr. Nice

Nikolai only "claimed" the Romanov name mid Tsar Wars, presumably swiftly dumped when he ended up on the losing side ;).

DavidXBrunt

At the time of his first appearance Nikolai didn't know the identity of his father. He takes his name from his mother, pirate queen Katarina Dante.

Queen Firey-Bou

yup, upon re-reading, i had a thought, which prehaps i should have more often, it was " why oh why did i not engage my brain before typing "

i was so hung up on him being a romanov, i forgot his name was nickoli.... well no wonder, its impossible to spell damn it

nikoli
nikali
nickali
bollocks.

johnnystress

hmm- i'd say Dom art shows a lot more well honed drawing skills than say, Langley. I'd guess he studies life drawing which is more than can be said of some other droids.

Anyway, i think what it boils down to is personal taste
( but youre wrong! wrong I tells ya!)

Droid Life is becoming one of my favourite things ih the prog these days.

Jurys still out on SCB's- it'll depend on the climax- if we dont see  a graphic, sub-bestialty, pan species, sex scene then it gets the thumbs down from me

Wonder what the attraction is to the guy that reembles a horse?

Conexus

but the horse faces aren't alien, they're genetically modified humans, so their a subspecies at most  

johnnystress

tut-tut dock me some nerd points for not apying attention
;)

Queen Firey-Bou

horse face is a sweetie, not like that manic druggy spoilt rich mullet boy, i'd go for horse face.  tho i'd prefer Slaine, before the lobotomy. or Dante if he'd stop with the letch faces & crap puns.

johnnystress

Dante is turning a bit "Swiss Tony" lately

or evenhttp://www.etontshirt.co.uk/images/leslie-philips.jpg">