Main Menu

1429: Swarming Ground

Started by ukdane, 07 March, 2005, 02:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krustabi

Cover - Very nice indeed, and he had a good take on the Bio-blades, which seem almost impossible to do well for a mere mortal like me.

Dredd - Interesting script, the colours on the Gibson art were amazing.

TSDM - I like gratuitous nudity a LOT, but this is just rubbish. I don't care about any of the characters, the script is hackneyed beyond belief, and I'm not a fan of Parkhouse art. A tolerable series overall, but a naff episode.

SCB - Oh dear, this is just getting desperate now.

Sinister "Fucking" Dexter - DIE. JUST .... DIE.

Dante - Oodles of fun, the Burns art is making a better impression on me than it usually does, Lulu is a great villain, all the characters are done well, the fighting is good, and the jokes are amusing (but not hilarious). Best thing in't Prog IMO.

Overall - Worth the price of admission just for Dredd and Dante, SCB isn't offensive, but I'm looking forward to it ending, the same goes for TSDM, but Sin/Dex....

Tordelbach

Cover: Good

Dredd:  Good tale, Rennie still catches Dredd's dialogue/monologue perfectly, some nice design in the art, BUT Dredd's 'personal interest' aspect in this does not sit well with his post-Vienna self-recriminations. I know we're putting it down to 'instincts of a 47-year man', but still...

SCB:  Still great fun, how could anyone be annoyed by this rambling shaggy dog story?

TDSM:  Cool!  Top marks to Parkhouse, keep it up.

SinDex:  I'm no fan, but this was okay.  I would have preferred a better Starbucks pun, alongh the lines of 'Apollos' or more eruditely 'Queequeg's'.  The art was okay too (suitable, anyway), don't see what the objections are.

Dante: Much better than of late, but a bit still confusing and cluttered.

Input: Interesting.

Smiley

Another ace cover. Highlights were Dredd and Dante.

The nudity in Tiger Sun Dragon Moon... well, before any objections to it are misconstrued as prudery yet again e.g. "Oh, so limbs hacked off is okay but boobs are out?" (Duh!) can I just say how contrived was that? It was like Cupid Stunt!

Oh, and NEXT PROG: PITCH INVASION was genius.