Main Menu

1430 - Caffeine Bomb!

Started by DavidXBrunt, 13 March, 2005, 12:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Really liking Tiger Sun now... it was kinda confusing to begin with, but now it's just Aces of the highest.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Roger Godpleton

Using the "Katooie-Method":

DREDD: Interesting story, Dredd detective stories are always good, Gibson art fluctuates in quality a bit though (But that Blue Car ROCKS ASS).78.4674%

SCB: Evil Space Whiteouses attack, the "gang" is in danger, the artwork is okay, I suspect that the weirdness is the result of a lack of imagination, as I have stated in t'past. 52.57394738474%

TSDM: It's bearable when there are no words in it. Yet more pointless nudity. Can't see how this is going to resolve itself in 2 episodes (Double - length finale?). 48.83%

Sin/Dex: The violence at the start is annoying, (don't know if it Dabnett or the artist is to blame for the scenes of cartoon brains and guts flying everywhere). Even without the questionable art the script would be one of the worst things ever. 23.89734875924759857%

Dante: I'm slightly disappointed that the catfight devolved into hair pulling and scratching, we know they can both do better than that. The panel at the end goes some way towards killing the suspense with comedy. Despite these niggles, it's still great fun, and Burns's art is good. 80%

Overall: 63.3847894374903275892759021758945794357945948579873429579342679576592753%
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

Cover : I liked this at first but the more I look at it the less I like it.

Dredd : Loving this , next prog better live up to the tag-line.

2nd City Blue : Enjoyable in a HollyOaks kinda way.

TS/DM : Hmmm, Parkhouse can do much better artwise and the story is all over the place.ok..

Sin Dex : I've no more time this strip. Art and script are gash. NO MORE PLEASE.

Dante : Alright, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Overall - Must try harder!

Oh and with comments like that Fegbarr its no wonder you find us Hateful ;D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Queen Firey-Bou

blimey, again with the grumbles about exposed tits?  i mean its not really that gratuitous is it? the laydee in shimura is clearly a bit of a dodgy 'filmstar' type who is using her looks to gain power, so the nudity is valid. the ninja laydees in tiger whatsit are either engaged in ninja black arts, where i'm sure clothing would get in the way, & the other wifey getting her clobber ripped off surely demonstrates the vulnerability of being attacked when yur in yur jimjams? & again her ability to fight regardless. If i lived somewhere with an average temperature above 2 degrees C, i'd potter about semi clad.

sheesh, i think i have closet naturist issues, theres NOTHING wrong with the human body !!

Bad Andy

Obviously haven't seen my (near) human body then...

I think it's almost an automatic reaction to 'jugs' in the Meg and tooth these days. We're so used to not seeing them that when we do we feel we have to look for a meaning.
Unfortunately we tend to think 'it must be for titilation to imporve a poor story'.

Let's have more - and don't stop at women's nudity. The Devlin strip in the Meg a while back had the right idea.

If Dredd is so asexual we should have seen his shlong a few times already as he frequently a) loses bits of his clothing and b) changes into new outfits.

lets have a themed issue (not like the Sex one) but a naturist one! It would suit Dante down to the ground.

Wils

theres NOTHING wrong with the human body !!

http://www.thisishaywardsheath.com/photo/cheggars.jpg">

Martin Jameson

Well, I'm all for a bit of nudity - like bou says theres nothing wrong with it - as long as it's fairly tasteful I suppose. And what is pointless nudity and when does it have a point?

Noisybast

"...what is pointless nudity and when does it have a point?

F'narr f'narr, obviously...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

LARF

"hurrah, nice defense of the board there McNaulty, i do wonder why these slagging the board letters get printed, it does smack of a bit of an own goal... someone must have irritated tharg or something."

Bou - I also wonder how many of these letters there are and whether this is a detraction from the regular pat on the back / kick up the arse letters Tooth usually gets?

Smiley

the regular pat on the back / kick up the arse letters

There should be more pat on the arse letters.