Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDaysBish-OP

Can't Tharg just take 16 weeks off? That was my plan for when Prog 2000 finally rolled round in 2016...

The Adventurer

A Renumber at this stage would be the WORST.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bat King

Not this old chestnut again...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Quote from: Bat King on 16 September, 2015, 08:37:00 AM
Not this old chestnut again...

Yeah, it's time to move on to All-New Giant-sized Chestnut Vol 2. Issue 1.

Fungus

James Stacey

TordelBack

My prediction: Tharg just carries on regardless, possibly retrospectively renaming the end-of-year Prog in some subtle Betelgeusian way (New Year Special 2000, or something equally innocuous) . Remember '99!

I, Cosh

Quote from: capatom on 15 September, 2015, 02:00:04 AMSlight cheeky note - I don't suppose any of the [Dan Dare] Quality reprint covers are/will be included? Or indeed those great DD annual covers?  And perhaps the 2000AD 1978 annual cover - that is DD, after all. :)
The recent Zenith collections included some of these so I don't see why not. However, none of the stories in this first volume have ever been reprinted. The Quality run started with Doppelganger from Prog 52.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 September, 2015, 09:18:58 PM
Quote from: radiator on 14 September, 2015, 09:06:53 PM
Anyone know what the lineup is for prog 1950?
Brass Sun, Defoe and Bad Company.
Plus Brass Sun and "...hitmen Sinister Dexter go head to head with crimelord Holy Moses Tanenbaum for the final time in 'The Taking of the Michael' by Dan Abnett and Patrick Goddard!"
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 September, 2015, 10:21:30 AM
Plus Brass Sun and "...hitmen Sinister Dexter go head to head with crimelord Holy Moses Tanenbaum for the final time in 'The Taking of the Michael' by Dan Abnett and Patrick Goddard!"

Had it in the back of my mind that Sinister Dexter were coming back. I thought it might be 1951, as I'm sure I've seen somewhere that 1950 has only the four stories (Brass Sun, Defoe and Bad Company alongside Dredd) one of which you'd assume would be double length.

Hadn't heard it was Patrick Goddard, very excited to see his take on our deadly duo and the story outline might keep a lot of naysayers happy!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 September, 2015, 11:15:02 AM
Had it in the back of my mind that Sinister Dexter were coming back. I thought it might be 1951, as I'm sure I've seen somewhere that 1950 has only the four stories (Brass Sun, Defoe and Bad Company alongside Dredd) one of which you'd assume would be double length.
It probably is, but what's one Prog between friends? Anyone care to bet against Brass Sun for the doubler?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 September, 2015, 11:18:15 AM
It probably is, but what's one Prog between friends? Anyone care to bet against Brass Sun for the doubler?

I'd like to back Bad Company... but then I was never wise with my money!

In another note, from down thread I have a really impractical idea that will never happen, but I like it. As 2000th Prog approaches (as opposed to Prog 2000) I was thinking Tharg could commission some themed covers. 1977th Prog would have a pastiche of an icon Prog from 1977, the 1978th Prog one from 1978, the 1979th Prog one from 1979, etc etc, you get the idea. That's be great. Never happen, but it'd be great.

amines2058

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 September, 2015, 10:21:30 AM

Hadn't heard it was Patrick Goddard, very excited to see his take on our deadly duo and the story outline might keep a lot of naysayers happy!

Patrick has been posting some very small snippets of SD art on his facebook page, and it is looking mighty fine so far!

credo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 September, 2015, 11:31:47 AM
I was thinking Tharg could commission some themed covers. 1977th Prog would have a pastiche of an icon Prog from 1977, the 1978th Prog one from 1978, the 1979th Prog one from 1979, etc etc, you get the idea. That's be great. Never happen, but it'd be great.

That's a great idea!  Anyone care to pick the covers to pastiche?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tordelback on 16 September, 2015, 10:07:13 AM
My prediction: Tharg just carries on regardless, possibly retrospectively renaming the end-of-year Prog in some subtle Betelgeusian way (New Year Special 2000, or something equally innocuous) . Remember '99!

This.  Just number it 2000, Tharg.  We'll work out some scheme where we refer to the 2016 prog 2000 or something.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.