Main Menu

Very Doggy ebayer

Started by Tarantino, 16 November, 2006, 08:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Just thought I would drop you guys a warning about a doggy ebayer.

I won 2000AD prog 1 with free gift for £97 but papypal would not accept payment and when I contacted them they would not tell me why.

I then emailed him and he actually regeistered a complaint with ebay to try and get them to make me pay and so an up-paid item dispute was opened. I emailed him and asked him to email me his number, which he did but there was never any answer, just an answer machine.

I have now checked on the listing and he has been removed from ebay. Unfortunately, other people have bought from him and left negative feedback that they never received the goods.

Steer clear and watch out for any similar scams.

See link below.

Tarantino

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180042290392&rd=1&rd=1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180042290392&rd=1&rd=1

Buttonman

Well dodged Tarantino. Looks like he went down the standard route of buying a few cheap things to get a feedback score and then went on the rob. Theft plain and simple. Without being dramatic, I'd murder the cunt if he pulled this on me.

paulvonscott

Folsk just a reminder to check feedback scores.  I know it's obvious, but I fucked up once and spent two months trying to get my money back from paypal, it was a nightmare.  My mistake was to assume private feedback was okay, it wasn't.

It's been a blood pressure rasing experience, but I got almost all my money back.  Fustratingly the thief may still be trading.

Eck

Bah, I was expecting a thread on dogging.

Not that I'm in to that sort of thing, mind you.

Tarantino

"I'd murder the cunt if he pulled this on me."

I'll email you the address he expected me to send the cheque to.

Wow, my very own Buttonman!

Tarantino

Buttonman

Alas my gander would only be up if he suckered me personally. Although I'd be sorrowful if you got stung it wouldn't be worth 10 years in the Bar-L

If you want to post his details on here we could all fill out the cards from the Readers' Digest in his name so he gets shedloads of shite through his door. He wanted you to send him something so you could oblige in a kind of fashion.

Meathook

Paypal does not give full refunds anyway !! As they only refund monies from the users account and as they are generally dodgy gits you would of had no hope in getting your money back.I had a non-received item last Xmas and only recovered part of the money I shelled out.Bastards!!
I'm not bitter !!!Chin all the dodgy c***s is what I say.
Each peach pear plum!

JOE SOAP

Paypal are one of the dodgiest organizations around. They don't have office contact numbers other than call centers -who are only there to spout the rules and take complaints- and don't have any addresses they can give you when you ask them. Any fax numbers they give you are not operational. I've tried 'em all.

They do have a European office somewhere in an east Dublin industrial estate but they are not in the phone book or even ex-directory .There is no registered company with the name paypal. It is impossible to talk to anyone in charge if you have a problem. They can also freeze your account with no comeback.

Meathook

Check out some of the anti-paypal websites they list contact numbers for Ebay and Paypal
I couldn't agree more with your comments,they are investors in pain and hair shredding rage!
Each peach pear plum!

Meathook

Check out some of the anti-paypal websites they list contact numbers for Ebay and Paypal
I couldn't agree more with your comments,they are investors in pain and hair shredding rage!
Each peach pear plum!

Max Kon

paypal and ebay are the same company

Concrete Block 15

It's The Illuminati, man, I tells ya:

Da Vinci Code, Roswell, JFK, lunar landing, Diana, PayPal, eBay... runnin' the whole freakin' show.

Alan Moore Knows The Score.

Dog Deever

Google 'Paypal Sucks' to find why Paypal sucks...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Concrete Block 15

Paypal Rocks gets 480,000 more hits at the present time.

Add Google to that list o' mine; it's rigged, I tells ya...

House of Usher

My own bad experience of PayPal is that I once asked for a refund from a guy I'd returned goods to, and PayPal prevented the transfer, saying it was a regulation to combat money laundering. What, £17.50's worth??

So I asked the guy to send me a cheque instead. And did he? Did he f***. And by that point, it had gone past the date that eBay would do anything about it, and complaining that PayPal had f***ed up my refund in the first place cut no ice with them, because it didn't fit into their pro-forma complaints procedure. They told me to put in a complaint against the seller, but when I tried to do so through an automated form, it said it was now too long after the transaction had taken place.
STRIKE !!!