Main Menu

Very Doggy ebayer

Started by Tarantino, 16 November, 2006, 08:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

>paypal and ebay are the same company.

Originally it was 2 separate companies 'till ebay bought them out.

JOE SOAP

>paypal and ebay are the same company.

Originally it was 2 separate companies 'till ebay bought them out.

test 4 echo

My own experience of Paypal taught me two things, complaining to them is a like repeatedly smacking yourself in the head with a hammer, a painful mindnumbing waste of time. And always use a credit card to fund Paypal purchases, getting money back from a CC company is infinately easier.

At least thats what a few years regular ebaying has taught me.

Oddboy

But if you pay with a credit card, then the receiver has to upgrade their paypal account (incurring fees & %age off the top to Paypal) just to receive the money.  That's what happened to me when I sold something once... then I had to close the account & set up a new one with a new email address to return to the not-being-ripped-off-bog-standard account.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Trout

I've had the same experience lately, Odds, as a new seller.

I tried adding a note to my listing saying I would charge sellers for the Paypal fee, but received messages from two separate bidders saying it was against the rules. I waived the charge as it was an honest mistake.

They both advised me the way round it is to increase the postage cost, which seems dishonest but, as one person said, what else does eBay expect a seller to do?

- Trout

Wake

Raising postage fees to include 'handling' is neither dishonest nor against eBay rules unless your handing charge is very large or a percentage of the final value. So long as you put your fees in your auction description then buyers will pay the same, whether they use PayPal or not.

Cheers,

Wake

test 4 echo

"But if you pay with a credit card, then the receiver has to upgrade their paypal account "

Yes they do. It mades me think Paypal would prefer the funds to come direct from a bank or via debit card. Anything from a credit card can be taken back by the CC company, who unlike Paypal have people to talk to that are reasonable and intelligent.

The grief I had with Paypal was for a item not received...made a claim after no reply from seller, Paypal wanted a Royal Mail tracking number, he gives them one that shows an item was delivered to an address in Essex, Paypal refuse the claim. That fact I live in Merseyside meant nothing, he provided a tracking number, case closed. Ten minutes on the phone to CC and got funds back.

It just made me a little more weary of ebay and paypal, and no bad thing if dodgy ebayers have moved from phones and laptops to comics now.

Trout

Thanks, Wake! Will take that on board.

johnnystress

wait..

am i to understand the Doggy Carrots is actually pronounced Dodgy Carrots?

oh no

the3rdman

Funnily enough, I am currently trying to get my money back from an ebay seller. Thought i'd add him to this post of dodgy wankers who don't send anything out, even though you email them 5 or 6 times. I'll let you know how i get on with paypal.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270042747707&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:UK:12" target="_blank">avoid  this ebayer

the3rdman

well paypal refunded me my money as the seller never responded to their emails. Got it credited into my account today.

comics also arrived by recorded delivery today.....

which is a dilemma ....