Main Menu

Nemesis Definitive Edition vol 1

Started by Le Fink, 05 December, 2023, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Le Fink on 13 December, 2023, 05:37:57 PM
Quote from: Blue Cactus on 07 December, 2023, 09:46:52 PMMine arrived today but I've not had a chance to open it yet. I'm hoping these will include all the covers - it would be great to see the covers from the Titan collections and the Best of 2000ad Monthlies etc.

If it's the hardback webshop 'black' edition you might want to open it sooner rather than later - I now have two copies, both of which have holes punched into some early pages near the binding.

Gah!

Nuts. I'll have a peek, thanks Fink

Blue Cactus

Mine seems to be fine, so I hope you get a good copy soon. Blooming lovely book!

Le Fink

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 15 December, 2023, 03:36:11 PMMine seems to be fine, so I hope you get a good copy soon. Blooming lovely book!
Oh good, that's a relief they don't all have this problem, hopefully the next one then!

Max Headroom

Le Fink - you might want to send a note with your order to ask whoever deals with your second replacement copy to check it for this annoying defect before dispatch to avoid this happening again. There are perfect copies in stock as mine also did not have this fault. Good luck!

Le Fink

Quote from: Max Headroom on 15 December, 2023, 05:27:51 PMLe Fink - you might want to send a note with your order to ask whoever deals with your second replacement copy to check it for this annoying defect before dispatch to avoid this happening again. There are perfect copies in stock as mine also did not have this fault. Good luck!
Will do, thanks Max

Richard

Got mine today. It's a thing of beauty, lovingly put together, with a gorgeous black hardcover with gold leaf. Unfortunately mine has the same damage others have reported, affecting seven pages at the beginning. It's quite small though, so I'm not going to go through the hassle of sending it back.

Le Fink

I got my second replacement copy today and it's fine, no holes punched through the pages. I did suggest they open the book to check before sending but was told:

QuoteSadly despite all due measures in place occasional damages in the printing process can occur and it's just not possible to do a page by page spot check when you're we printing 1000+ copies of a title.
We always do our best to ensure you get a mint copy however so as you've done please do always let us know if there's anything we can do for you.

This copy arrived in a huge box with the most padding I've ever seen around a book so they were certainly trying to make sure it got to me intact!

Le Fink

Quote from: Richard on 21 December, 2023, 04:10:39 PMI'm not going to go through the hassle of sending it back.
Just a note - the 2000ad shop help do not ask for the book to be sent back, presumably because the damage is irreparable. They say just donate it.

karlos

Do you guys think it's safe to order this?

Any reports of copies without the holes in them?

Fortnight

I gave in and ordered it - after the reports here of damages. It arrived a few days ago and it's entirely damage-free. It was unsealed, so if that's not how they had previously been shipped, I wonder if the Reblrabl have started checking these as they went out.

karlos

Thanks so much for your reply, Fortnight.

I suspect you're right - they're getting checked before being sent out.

I'll get ordering!

Le Fink

Quote from: Fortnight on 24 December, 2023, 03:21:12 PMIt was unsealed, so if that's not how they had previously been shipped, I wonder if the Reblrabl have started checking these as they went out.
Mine have all been unsealed too and certainly weren't checked. I've been told the policy is not to check them before they go out. Just the cardboard surround it's being delivered in is the only protection. To be fair, I've not noticed any damage to the exteriors of the 3 books I've ended up with. It's a lovely edition anyway, so I'd still recommend it.

Le Fink

Quote from: Le Fink on 24 December, 2023, 04:03:25 PM
Quote from: Fortnight on 24 December, 2023, 03:21:12 PMIt was unsealed, so if that's not how they had previously been shipped, I wonder if the Reblrabl have started checking these as they went out.
Mine have all been unsealed too and certainly weren't checked. I've been told the policy is not to check them before they go out. Just the cardboard surround it's being delivered in is the only protection. To be fair, I've not noticed any damage to the exteriors of the 3 books I've ended up with. It's a lovely edition anyway, so I'd still recommend it.
That's to say - they don't appear to have been sealed in the first place.

Lorenzo

Quote from: Le Fink on 24 December, 2023, 04:03:25 PM... I've been told the policy is not to check them before they go out....

Obviously, my copy went missing (again) so I haven't actually received my copy yet, but I was told by Mr. Customer Support person:

Quote"We did have a small number of copies reported damaged in transit and have had the warehouse check the stock so all SHOULD be well, however my faith in the system has been called into question more then once so please do let me know if it arrives with damage."

So I'm still waiting with fingers crossed.

karlos

So, the hardback is now showing as sold out - anyone happen to know if it's genuinely sold out or they're not taking orders whilst they're sorting the damaged copies out?