Main Menu

Prog 1830 - Gunheadz

Started by JamesC, 27 April, 2013, 09:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

(Has no-one spotted the Burdis-baiting in Gunheadz - page 2?)

strontium71

...because I hate you.

Steve Green

strontium71

I originally thought you meant page 2 of Dredd , and the certain amount of badge links  ;)
...because I hate you.

Mister Macheath

Quote from: pauljholden on 29 April, 2013, 06:29:46 PM
(Has no-one spotted the Burdis-baiting in Gunheadz - page 2?)

Grargh, how could I forget to mention that! Lovely stuff.

Fisticuffs

A fantastic Prog. The cover is just amazing. Dredd really solid and interesting, looking forward to where it's going to lead to (and as others have said a neat tidy up at the beginning).

Gunheadz was a complete joy to read, spent ages poring over the details in every panel, so much to see and alot of it very funny. Think I spotted the poke at Burdis, is it the [spoiler]'Marine Man' sticker?[/spoiler]

Dandridge is ok but not my cup of tea, and to be perfectly honest I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the hell is going on in Zombo (probably the most impenetrable strip for a new reader I've yet to see, but it's jolly good fun all the same.

Not yet read Stickleback, will probably come back to that later in the week.

Mister Macheath

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 30 April, 2013, 08:08:03 PMThink I spotted the poke at Burdis, is it the [spoiler]'Marine Man' sticker?[/spoiler]

There's a [spoiler]"Reserved for J. Burdis" note on the back of a Dredd standee[/spoiler] in the comic shop at the start of the story.

Fisticuffs

Can't believe I missed that! Saw the [spoiler]standee but not the writing.[/spoiler]. Bah.

Pete Wells

With this panel in Dredd, thought this dude's leg was a Dredd-esque face with a bandage over the eyes. Kinda Jim Baikie Hitman stylee...

Can anyone else see that or is it just me? Shame on you PJ, that wouldn't have happend with Maurice Aitken...  :lol:

Hawkmumbler

:lol:
Yeah, I saw that. Very Day the Law Died.

Verence

Why did they need Sov-Judges to help oversee the transition of MC-1's Sov ethnic minority??

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Verence on 01 May, 2013, 03:27:57 PM
Why did they need Sov-Judges to help oversee the transition of MC-1's Sov ethnic minority??
They wouldn't have; that was put into the storyline to deal with an art error.

Verence

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 May, 2013, 03:48:58 PM

I realise that.... so it was just a passing line and no further explanation will be given???

Spikes

Prog 1830's cover -  :thumbsup:

And the young lass who served me in Smith's explained that the bags are quite a snug fit, so she would put it in carefully so as to not crease it. :thumbsup:

Mister Macheath

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 May, 2013, 03:48:58 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that when the following issue mentioned the Sov Judges being there to help out people assumed it was a quick fix of that confusing last panel, then the writer said it had actually been written before the issue with the wonky panel had even been put out. (Sorry, massive sentence, I'm multitasking... badly).

This week seemed like it was just hammering the point home.

Which is fair enough I guess.