Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: pops1983 on 24 March, 2012, 08:27:56 PM
Jesus do I hate living in this shitty, backwards, insular wee province.

Tell that to the voluminous amounts of Brits now living here, I've never heard so many English and Scottish accents on the street as over the last decade, and they ALL (almost without exception) say they love here, and wouldn't go back to Blighty if you put a gun to their he- um, maybe that's not the most appropriate metaphor for this place, woops...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteDon't hold back on my account, Tordelback dude, go nuts, if you think I'm wrong/deluded/insane/whatever, then people fought and died for your right to get stuck in, have one on me...

I'll step in here if nobody minds. Genetically I'm half Brit (my mother's from Preston) and I fucking despise the corruption and general incompetence of so many Irish governments.  I also resent the fact that they've allowed their own normal people to be raped, both figuratively, by kowtowing to the rich at the expense of the economy, and literally, by licking the arse of the Vatican for so long. 

BUT... (I like big buts and I cannot lie)...

Despite all of this, I would prefer Ireland to be ruled by Irish governments rather than by foreign colonialists. Nothing against England or anything, but I'd just prefer to be ruled from our own capital city. For all past governments' faults, at least we chose them.  (Well, I didn't vote for them personally, but the majority did.)  And I'd prefer my passport to say 'Citizen' like my father's rather than 'Subject' like my mother's.

My tuppenceworth, anyway
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I don't want to be ruled by anybody - I can rule myself, thank you very much. All I want my government to do is look after the weak and make sure that all the tools of society are in good working order.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 March, 2012, 04:28:49 PMAll I want my government to do is look after the weak and make sure that all the tools of society are in good working order.

But... but... You'd hardly ever invade anyone with that attitude!

Judo

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 March, 2012, 08:44:44 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 March, 2012, 04:28:49 PMAll I want my government to do is look after the weak and make sure that all the tools of society are in good working order.

But... but... You'd hardly ever invade anyone with that attitude!
shall I cancel the catapult order? x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Judo on 25 March, 2012, 08:49:54 PM
shall I cancel the catapult order? x

Yes, I would recommend ordering some missile sleds and heavy ordinance instead.
You may quote me on that.

Roger Godpleton

All you need is a phial of Shark's flop sweat and you can synthesize an incredibly effective virus that does the job of a nuclear bomb in half the time.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Minkyboy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 March, 2012, 04:28:49 PM
All I want my government to do is look after the tools of society.

Well we, your fellow boarders, appreciate your good wishes Sharky.
Although not so much the name calling.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

JOE SOAP

Curveball:

Zimbabwe 'sperm hunters' picking up male travellers

Gangs of women in Zimbabwe have been picking up male travellers to have sexual intercourse and harvest their sperm, according to reports.

Susan Dhliwayo claims she pulled her car over recently to pick up a group of male hitchhikers and they refused to get in, because they feared they were going to be raped.
"Now, men fear women. They said: 'we can't go with you because we don't trust you'," 19-year-old Miss Dhliwayo recounted.
Local media have reported victims of the highway prowlers being drugged, subdued at gun or knife point – even with a live snake in one case – given a sexual stimulant and forced into repeated sex before being dumped on the roadside.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9159992/Zimbabwe-sperm-hunters-picking-up-male-travellers.html

vzzbux

Who is for a Hell Trek to Zimbabwe?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Ah male rape, the acceptable face of sexual violation.

JOE SOAP

Hooray! for the double standard/entendre.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 March, 2012, 11:03:46 PM
Ah male rape, the acceptable face of sexual violation.

I thought the pope was the acceptable face of sexual  violation.

ZING
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Quote from: pops1983 on 25 March, 2012, 11:12:25 PM
I thought the pope was the acceptable face of sexual  violation.

ZING

Nah, he's the acceptable face of the Hitler Youth.