Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prog / Prog 2237 - Demons of the Deep
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 05:15:49 PM »
Yah know what. If last weeks was a bit of a dip, this one bounces back nicely... which is weird when you consider we've swapped out Feral and Foe for Skipperty... so let's a closer look and work out why... its all in the fine margins.

Dredd steps up from a solid opener to a cracking story builder. Before we get to that HOW GOOD IS COLIN MACNEIL... I mean he's always been very good but somehow he's managed to get even better. And then we get to the story - fantastic. I kinda wonder if Mr W is still coming up with PJ stories, but having taken PJ off the table has to create another tale around it. Either waty this tale of a careful man making one mistake and the escalating consequences if superb.

Mechastopheles remains as it was really. Boo Cook seems to have found the story he was born to draw, it looks stunning. I'm surprised its only 4 parts as I kinda lost track of it - this is fine, I look forward to re-reading it... but feel I need to.

Department K returns to being outright brilliant. Again art to die for, but the story is a blast as well. The fantastic turn up of last issue sends the team... well most the team into dangerous environs and its all just wonderfully realised great fun.

Skipper... Skip Tracer - Right last time this was pretty good, nowt special but good. This time we get to another decent opener with some potential. Let's be clear this series has done that before and dipped quickly into medocrity but two of the stories have also been good now so for the time being this opener gives it the benefit of the doubt. Mind lines like

"Must've missed the memo"

Have it on warning! Oh and more stunning art from Mr Marshal (P)

Chimpsky's Law alway loved the character, wanted him out of Dredd so he could do different things and I've got want i wanted. This is just such fun, such wonderful fun. Its quite superb. Art... well see above really. Brilliant, brilliant strip.

So the difference is minor but basically comes down to three strips that were good last week nudging up to great this week and the rest ticking along.

Simple really ain't it.
General / Re: 2000 AD Reoffended
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 04:32:44 PM »
Judging by the over reaction the Regened gets from some corners I'd suggest that they are already Reoffending many already!

Is-Fair?No! - An escaped cabal of enraged fanboys storms Mega City One fueled by the anger they feel that their 'favourite' Vid-comic; isn't produced EXACTY the way they want it to be. Its too much for Dredd and he has to call upon the crack Editorial Division Judges.

Biz Dave - Middle England's hardest Media Mogel outraged that some folks can choice to not spend their money with companies they don't like and find morally reprehensible, decides to makes a stand for his fellow underdog and starts a new media empire, fronted by Angry O'Nail to make sure no ones going to Cancel him.

Hopeless - Truly - Bozza, Matty, Dom, Pritz and Other Dom go on a hilarious road trip trying to escape responsibility for the death of thousands in a plague ravaged world. But they don't realise one of them is about to betray them.

Ego-Manic 4 (more) - he was once a nation's only hope. He was once they only one who would make the world great again BUT then his country tried to silence him and all his followers. When open rebelliion failed and his power stripped away he was cast out from society and on the run form the law. He ready to comeback, uploaded within his own social media platform like the world had never seen. 4 MORE YEARS.

Slaughter Bowl 2 - Cos ever line up has at least one good story in it.
Don't ever tone down 2000ad for a younger audience. I like the blood, guts and violence just the way it is!
« Last post by The Monarch on Today at 04:13:24 PM »
you are doing a bad job of this guys I actually want to read some of these  :lol:

Big Dave: Bregshite: Manchesters hardest man returns and faces off against the puffs that tried to cancel him all those years ago and in the process faces off against the forces of the liazard man known as cummings

BOJO from beyond the stars: A hard reboot of bonjo from beyond the stars but instead featuring an even more destructive and digusting antagonist.

Mark Millars Samantha Slade: RoboC---ter: Sam Slades Little girl returns and this time no one is safe!

Wogue TwoopeW: Walter the wobot stars in a 200 part mega epic written by the ghost of Michael Fleisher

Canon Fodder 2012: Written by some muppet on this board an epic saga in which the canon and his estranged father face off against the devil in the 2012 olympic games.

Klep: A navel gazing epic in which the earstwell captain faces hamfisted representations of the current political climate. ends with klep getting arse raped by bojo from beyond the stars in a shocking crossover
++GREAT NEWS FOR ALL READERS++
« Last post by The Enigmatic Dr X on Today at 03:21:47 PM »

Nadir Mark Millar returns to the prog with a fresh take on fan favourite Zenith.

Part of me really wants to see this.
« Last post by Funt Solo on Today at 03:13:56 PM »
Walter's a Cripple
This hilarious, Dickensian tale... [no, look, just stop! - ed.]

I missed a trick there - should have been Walter's a Cwipple.

---

Really enjoyed CBA Warriors, Nadir and Wendigo Pride. Am I wrong to want to see some of these in print?
The meg should stay the way it is. Yes, it is true that I do not always enjoy all the content but I like to idea of a possible bonus as part of the meg.

I just think the current regen run will most likely be kept for the foreseeable future
Replace the floppy has multiple issues:

- No discoverability on shop shelves
- Lower distribution/visibility for the Meg as a whole
- Huge increase in production costs (which would increase the Meg’s price by a few quid)
- No circulation bump for 2000 AD
I'd also like Tharg to publish a regular Battle Comic as well .......

Now you talking !!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10