Main Menu

Future Rebellion Tpbs

Started by radiator, 19 May, 2006, 09:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

No-one outside of Rebellion knows how long they intend to carry on with the series. Volume 6 has been announced for November this year, and that would reprint a year's worth of stories post-Apocalypse War.

I'd say it's a relatively safe bet that all of the B&W Dredd stories from the prog will appear in this format, but I'm not sure what will happen once they hit the colour stories. Hopefully they'll continue with slimmer, full-colour reprints, but I'd imagine that depends on the cost of reprinting those stories & the sales of the books by that point.

Funt Solo

Plus, y'know, Inferno.

(Fate, Voice of Negativity)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JeffreyMT

I said it last week and I'll say it again! I will buy Inferno in collected form! Just make sure Purgatory is in the same book.
Script - Dodgy
Art - Carlos (Nothing more to be said...)

HiEx

Bloody Hell, just saw the ad for case Files 04 in the new Meg (246). Looks like Rebellion are recycling the Dredd image from the cover of Case Files 01 for the cover of Case Files 04.

With nearly 29 years of Dredd history, there's not exactly a shortage of art they could have choosen for the cover. Grrrr...!

While the Gibson(?) Dredd from the cover of case Files 01 is representative of the Dredd in those first stories, it's not really representative of the Dredd in the Judge Child Quest and other stories published in case Files 04.

It's my feeling, that each volume of Case Files should have a Dredd image on the cover representative of that period of Dredd history.

For those who have not seen the ad yet, the color of the cover of Case Files 04 is blue.

I just think it is very cheeky of Rebellion to recycle the cover image so soon.

Hi-Ex

The Adventurer

Uh, I'm fairly sure it's just a place holder. I assume this, as Vol.5 and 6 also have that image on the 2000AD TP Website (see below)

I'm pretty sure only the color is acurate.

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php" target="_blank">2000AD TP Coming Soon Section

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

HiEx

Leigh S

Yeah - both Case files 2 and 3 had the casefiles 1 Gibson Dredd on them as a mockup until nearer their release

Bolt-01

Case files 4:

Bolland?
Smith?

Think it should really be one of those gents, preferably Bolland, as we are approaching his last work on the strip.

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

Although it's probably unnecessary, I can confirm that's the case. All of the Case Files books initially have the exact same front covers, with only the colours changing. I've been told a new CF4 cover's soon to be on its way to be, whereupon I'll update the TPB site accordingly (moving the June books to their own pages).

A closer look at the "coming soon" page should enable everyone to discover a bunch of other placeholders, too. The most obvious of these is Portrait of a Mutant, which still sports the 2000 AD logo used during the DC/Rebellion deal. Apparently, the Nemesis cover may change, too, integrating O'Neill-like border designs.

ukdane

Presumably, the combination of EE's and Reprints will mean that eventually Rebellion will have a COMPLETE digital archive of everything 2000ad that has ever seen print.
(although they prioritise the stories that are more easily reprinted/sellable)

This can only be a good thing, at the end of the day.
Cheers

-Daney

W. R. Logan

The archive is completely digital from Prog 1200 and as the rest of the archive gets digitised my archive will become a thing of he past and consumed by the galactic black hole waste bin in the corner of the Nerve Centre.

ThryllSeekyr

Don't throw anything out, just send them to me.