Main Menu

Prog 1650 - new Dredd Mega Epic!

Started by Goaty, 14 July, 2009, 09:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: planetoid on 15 August, 2009, 02:51:27 PM

Well, Origins touched on young Dredd so there's material there to expand upon. For example: Dredd's first year as a full Judge - JUDGE DREDD YEAR ONE.

Based on one year of real time equalling one year of MC-1 time, realistically speaking, you feel Dredd has to die or retire within the next 10 - 20 years.

It can be interesting and we'd all read it, but how could a young Dredd actually carry Dredd as a series since Dredd now is far more complex & interesting than the younger version. It may make a nice mini series or flashback now and again but it wouldn't hold for much more.

I also think Dredd could last 20-30 years longer at the moment, it it the future and many eldsters live way past the 100 mark so we really don't have to worry about him dying. I'm more worried about Wagner popping his cloggs, perish the thought.

planetoid

Dredd's certainly more complex. I sense he's going to have a few moral dilemmas in Tour of Duty.

Is Dredd prepared to fight for the mutant cause? Is he prepared to put the mutant cause before the norm cause? And at what cost? Will Justice Dept ever put their trust in him again or will they regard him as a traitor? Guess we'll find out.  :)

Mike Gloady

Something tells me that all this speculation about the upcoming epic may be WAY off.  But it's so much fun!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

Quote from: mikegloady on 17 August, 2009, 09:52:44 AM
Something tells me that all this speculation about the upcoming epic may be WAY off.  But it's so much fun!
By far the best thing about Wagner's writing is that ten thousand internet idiots can come up with different theories about where he's going to go next and it's not just that they're all proved wrong but that that what really does happen just seems such a natural progression for the characters!
We never really die.

Goaty

Oh damn! hadnt got Prog 1649 as it out tomorrow in my area, bloody Newcastle!
I has created this cover tonight for a laugh....

Rio De Fideldo

I wonder if we'll see the Fargo clan again?

I, Cosh

Tour of Duty (or an accompanying strip somewhere) is going to be as much about Hershey as Dredd.
We never really die.

planetoid

QuoteTour of Duty (or an accompanying strip somewhere) is going to be as much about Hershey as Dredd.

It is? Oh. How dull.  :P

I want Dredd shooting perps, the Sovs invading, "MC-1 will never surrender!" That's what I want to see in Tour of Duty. What do you mean it's been done? It has? Well that's news to me.  :D

Tour of Duty is Dredd going to Vietnam or as it's called in Dredd's time:

Viet-nam.  :P

And Dredd fights perps in the jungle and Rebellion can make a game out of it called Dredd: Tour of Duty - where you shoot men in jungle uniforms and you stop snakes biting your legs.  :P

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 August, 2009, 12:09:03 AM
Tour of Duty (or an accompanying strip somewhere) is going to be as much about Hershey as Dredd.

Yeah the set up in Under New Management certainly suggested as much. Unless Hershey is going to ask to accompany Dredd but I think they (the new management) would want to keep them apart. I'm intrigued by how the Hershey story will be told, with in the 2000 ad Dredd strip or will this be a clever way to cross it over into the Megazine and have it run in there (though you'd think word of this would have been out if that was the case)

Goaty

Oh no-one comment on my make-up cover? lol!...

that great as Colin doing Epic Tour of Duty! Hopefully for Insurrection-style fightings! :)

Pete Wells

I was just about to Goaty, I think it's brilliant! It put me in minds of this belter!

Well done lad!

Goaty

hehe thanks Peter! I knew that, I was based it on this classic poster,
http://www.impawards.com/2004/chronicles_of_riddick.html

Roger Godpleton

Who did the cover for 1650? Boo Cook?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

radiator

Chris Weston I think.

Chris Weston is great, but it's a bit too camp for my tastes.

Emperor

Anyone seen any coverage of this in the relavant press? Origins got a good mention in SFX and an interview over on the FP blog but I've not heard a sniff about this, despite the stonking line-up that has been put together to run alongside this. I would imagine you'd be able to interest some of the larger comics sites (Comics Bulletin would seem an obvious one).

Also if there is anyone looking for an update on the Mutant angle then they could try this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutants_(Judge_Dredd)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+