Main Menu

2000AD August Art Competition: Tease for Two(th)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 02 August, 2009, 10:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Colin YNWA

This might go badly...

Colin YNWA

Ok so this has all got a bit embarrassing! I've just tried to post an image for the competition and its not working. I read the instructions and everything. I posted the image using a URL from Picasa Web Albums and most people seem to use Photobucket (judging from right clicking on a few images that I have). Is there a reason Photobucket will work and another photo display site won't????

Anyway I also tried to report my message to the mods to get it deleted but I'm not allowed to so could someone report it to get it tidied up. I'll try again later!

Colin YNWA

With a massive thank you to 'Banners' for getting sorting this for me, what a complete star he is, here's the coloured version of the entry I did a lot earlier.

Taking Buttonman's advice I stuck with Paint and this turned out to be a fun little learning lesson about colouring. Its far too bright (lesson number 1) and there's no real sense of unity to it (lesson number 2) but what the heck its been fun doing this in snatched bursts in the office.

Bhuna

That's great that Colin.

Can't believe my 2nd pic have been taken down by Photobucket. Then again it might be something to do with a swashstikas and a nazi salutes!! Bloody pc brigade!  >:(

I'll have to see if I can host it from the server at work!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Zarjazzer

Hope it gets sorted daBhuna.

Colin_YNWA that is looking sharp!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: daBhuna on 18 August, 2009, 04:28:04 PM
That's great that Colin.

Can't believe my 2nd pic have been taken down by Photobucket. Then again it might be something to do with a swashstikas and a nazi salutes!! Bloody pc brigade!  >:(

I'll have to see if I can host it from the server at work!

What? Really?? Swines. I put my entry for the last comp up on photobusket and it's still there, complete with Adolf and swasitka-emblazoned armband... maybe they just haven't noticed yet.

Liking the Thracian  ;D

Dandontdare

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 18 August, 2009, 06:59:26 PMWhat? Really?? Swines. I put my entry for the last comp up on photobusket and it's still there, complete with Adolf and swasitka-emblazoned armband... maybe they just haven't noticed yet.

ha, I'm off to Photobucket to whip up an ill-informed witch hunt!

mygrimmbrother

Bhuna

Right lets try again!! And sorry for the double posting and repeating m'self.... fecking photobucket grrrrrr!! But they really need to go together.

'It's the first time I've used photoshop to colour something in!! Thanks to Kev & Shark for sorting out the Zenith logo for me

I always loved the old Marvel 'What If...' and the 'Team-Up' as a wee nipper. So I started to think how this might work for 2000ad. Oh and I've thrown in a little cross over into the mix too!'

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

mygrimmbrother

locustsofdeath!

Wow, mgb, that is fantastic! That's a great style you've got there - fantastic stuff!

JAMESCOR

uncle fester

Some great stuff from everyone again this month. I'm going to have to dig out the Zenith stuff (never read it, don't shoot me), to understand what daBhuna's images are about, but I love the figure work already. Yep, nice colour work too, Grimm.

I fear I may have taken the "Tease" element too far for this comp... Still, Bisley made money going down the schoolboy sensibilities road, eh?

Rio De Fideldo

I love that Brushpen Dredd. I love Paul Pope's work.

Did everyone see his Star Trek story that was in Wired.

It was great.