Main Menu

SPOILERS Last page of Under New Management

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 19 August, 2009, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

As I mentioned in the Prog 1549 thread I felt that the placement of the last couple of panels should be swapped for the sake of the story.

Obviously this is me being VERY petty as the strip is fantastic but there was just something about ending the page on the robot lawyer instead of Dredd that didn't read right to me. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION.

I've crudely amended it using paint.

Tell me if you agree or disagree, obviously only if you've read it and don't mind spoilers.

Oh yes and if anyone from Rebellion is bugged by this please take this post down. I won't be offended.

COMMANDO FORCES

locustsofdeath!

Actually, I quite like your re-ordering these panels. I've just finished reading the strip for the second time - not but five minutes ago - and I can honestly say this works better. Not to slag "original", though - what a fantastic start to this epic.

planetoid

Yeah, it seems more fitting to have Dredd riding off.

Rio De Fideldo

I thought it was just me so thats good. Like I say the real story is fantastic and I haven't been this excited for tooth in months. However to my eyes I think my "remix" makes the page look a bit more balanced with the brown at the top and the bottom.

I tell you what I could get used to the wonders of a cheap scanner and paint.

Colin YNWA

You could also have the final word ballon cross the panel boarder into the final panel making even more obivously a commentary on Dredd's departure?

Rio De Fideldo

That obviously would have meant me being any good at computer jiggery pokery which I'm not unfortunately.

Colin YNWA

And as if to prove the point that I'm no good at computer jiggery pockery here's my attempt at doing what I said...

Colin YNWA

WAHOOO managed to implant an image - which I failed so miserably to do over in the competition thread.

The problem as you can see with what I've need is the second to last panel needs a bit of fiddling as well otherwise it looked a bit odd so I resized the lawyer to fill the panel a little better.

Does this work any better than Richard's (ability to adjust properly aside) ... to be honest I'm not all all sure it does

locustsofdeath!

Rio De Fideldo

Excellent and with him out of the way lets crack on and get Dredd's brain transferred into a cloned body and thats that problem out of the way!*

(*Obviously joking)

p.s. I can't see the image.

Colin YNWA

Bugger - I hope others can and its not me failign to implant an image after all????

Anyway just in case linkie

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/colin.ynwa/Avatars#5371691349470631106

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 19 August, 2009, 04:28:06 PM
Bugger - I hope others can and its not me failign to implant an image after all????

Anyway just in case linkie

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/colin.ynwa/Avatars#5371691349470631106

Good Lord, that's Beautiful!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

mygrimmbrother

Here I was marvelling at this week's Dredd, thinking it absolutely PERFECT, and Wagner utterly bulletproof. Then you guys come along and...

Actually improve it! Sheee-it, who woulda thought it. Richard, you're a genius. And COlin, the finishing touch is just sublime.

You guys!  ;D

uncle fester

Nice work Colin!

(If you right click the image on your picasaweb page, and go to properties that'll give you its real location)