Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

go this of dale a while back, thanks dale

nice use of biro I think here.

Stu101

Great pieces on this thread. How I'd love to start collecting, I have one Dredd page by Carl Critchlow which I guess I could show on here one day. The stuff by Macneil, Bisley, Kennedy is lovely. Where do you guys tend to keep all these pages, are they framed on your walls or kept safe in storage?

hippynumber1

Most of mine are framed and hanging...

Spikes

I have one framed, and the rest are in folders.

Great MacNeil Dredd page there James.

And yes, those blown-up panels do reveal, by the looks of things, some mean Biro. Who'd have thunk it?

Link Prime

Nothing framed for me!
Nearly all my pieces are in Daler A2 folders, with a few A4 mini folders for sketches etc.

One day I'll get round to framing my favourites.
Or even joining CAF.
Or even using a better camera than a two year old Windows Phone to post pics on this thread.

Skullmo

I keep all mine in a pile next to the bath. Probably shouldn't as they keep getting splashed but it's only paper!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

I always wondered what a splash page was.

Spikes

He's only joking, art lovers. He hasn't really got a bath.

Rex Banner

I haven't bought any original art in a while but when I saw this it pretty much screamed at me to buy it.

Picked it up from Mike Dowling at Melksham Comic Con this weekend and it's from the upcoming Ichabod Azrael.

And as I imagine it is with probably all the pages on this thread, the photo really doesn't do it justice.

hippynumber1

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Skullmo

Quote from: Rex Banner on 01 September, 2014, 06:25:26 PM
I haven't bought any original art in a while but when I saw this it pretty much screamed at me to buy it.

Picked it up from Mike Dowling at Melksham Comic Con this weekend and it's from the upcoming Ichabod Azrael.

And as I imagine it is with probably all the pages on this thread, the photo really doesn't do it justice.

Shhhhhh - I think you can get an artist in trouble for showing a page before it is published!

I really like that though!I hope it is printed in black and white

hippynumber1

Nigel Dobbyn's beautifully understated art for Medivac 318

SKD

Lovely Nigel Dobbyn page hippynumber1, he did some superb work on Medivac 318. And a cracking early buy Rex Banner. That Ichabod Azrael is just stunning, I can't wait for the new series to start.  :D

Stew.

Skullmo

Lovely Hippy - I do like Dobbyn's art. I know you are a fan of those terrible 90s stories so you must be chuffed to get that! :lol:

Picked this up from Carlos at NICE this weekend. I finally have an Apocalypse War page!