Main Menu

Drokk!

Started by The Corinthian, 24 August, 2010, 07:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corinthian

Someone on ebay is trying to flog Titan's 'Portrait of a Mutant' for £50.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STRONTIUM-DOG-PORTRAIT-MUTANT-GN-NM-2000AD-NOVEL-/230515981217?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Graphic_Novels_ET

I fear they may be a touch optimistic.

Dandontdare

If it sells for that, I may be doing a little shelf clearing of my own!

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

willthemightyW

May I also point out this guy, selling his red canvas pieces.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

The Corinthian

It must be 'free listing day' logic: if I whack a totally unrealistic price on an item then if it doesn't sell I don't lost anything, but there's always the off chance that some nutter will go for it, ker-ching! Good luck to them.

It's always possible that there's a 'Brewster's Millions' scenario going on somewhere. "My granddad's will stipulates that if I can find a copy of Portrait of a Mutant by midnight tonight then I'll inherit his entire £30 million fortune!"

The Doctor Alt 8

I got mine for 10p

No there are no more.

Colin YNWA

Even more optimistic as this is the blurb he puts down for it.

Quote2000AD GRAPHIC NOVEL , BY MANDARIN BOOKS REPRINTS TWO STORIES ABOUT DEMOCRACY FROM 2000AD

BY JOHN WAGNER, GARTH ENNIS, JEFF ANDERSON AND JOHN BURNS

Seriously. If you're going to go for it at least list the right details and say how rare it is and long out of print etc!

Alski

Sent the STrontium Dog guy a message...

"You seem to have a description that is at odds with the product. Are you sellinG Strontium Dog or Judge Dredd?

Also, do you know that your price is very inflated - I and anyone with a computer can get this for under a tenner including postage. Have you made an error in the price?"

Polite, so I might get a reply.
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Bluecube

Is The Horned God hardcover not a limited edition? I'm sure the original run was "only" 1,000 copies. Maybe not worth £60 but hey ho, you never know!
An Atlantean Triumvirate
Ghosts of the Past
The Centre Cannot Hold

My eBooks are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Hoagy

Quote from: Bluecube on 25 August, 2010, 10:52:29 PM
Is The Horned God hardcover not a limited edition? I'm sure the original run was "only" 1,000 copies. Maybe not worth £60 but hey ho, you never know!

1 went for up to 300quid
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Bluecube

Holy crap! You're kidding me! I need to look after my own copy a bit better then!
An Atlantean Triumvirate
Ghosts of the Past
The Centre Cannot Hold

My eBooks are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

willthemightyW

I've got a fleetway horned god, is that special?
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.