Main Menu

Favourite cartoons and also I am available for script Irishpainter. Really. No, I am.

Started by Jared Katooie, 27 November, 2002, 01:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

"and the weird little animations you get in Rainbow!"

Wow! I'd forgotten about those... can't beat the slow drawing of a house accompanied by the sound of a road drill.

judda fett

Nice one with Willo the Wisp, my faves were Jason and the Wheeled Warriors and Ulysseus 30,000. Nearly forgot- Battle of the Planets.

Quirkafleeg

"Here come the Banana Splits!"

Arabian Nights ("Size of a camel!")

Four Musketeers (Did exactly what it says on the tin)

Fantastic Voyage (Familly in jeep thing that shrunk, fighting ants etc)

"Making up a mess of fun, lots of fun for everyone, tra la la, la la-la la, tra la la, la la-la..."

Queen Firey-Bou

Ahh wacky races, i nearly had penelope as an icon, but she looks nothing like me. dexters lab ; loads of above , but does anyone know hos to spell muttleys snicker, we've searched everywhere for a sound file.
Has anyone seen a thing with this muscly super hero the crimson.scarlet (?) Chin on recently, completely ridiculous.great.

then there was pokemon, seemed evil at first but team rocket were so classy.

moomins designed to bring about psychopathic tendancys in hitherto gentle people. created by pervs if you ask me.

Woolly

Ahhh, Ulysses 31! I'd forgotten about that one!

Did you know there was going to be a live action film with Barry Gibb in the lead role?
I kid ye not!

judda fett

Bloody hell, 'that' would have been psychedelic...

Woolly

If 'psychadelic' was latin for 'shit', then maybe....

El Spurioso

A live film of 'Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors' would be a bit fantastic, but it would wind-up the vegetarians something rotten, with its 'plants are evil!' credo.  Great stuff.

I'm also vaguely remembering a cartoon called 'Pole position', which was manic, and - of course - Dungeons and Dragons.  Way to be loud and obnoxious when drunk: sit in the middle of a pub shouting "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnni" like that fucking little baby unicorn, then talking mystical bollocks a-la the dungeon master.  "The way ahead.... is the way back...", before vanishing behind a convenient boulder.  Oooooh, I wanted to punch that leering little trog...

Woolly

Dungeon Master was really Yoda in disguise.
And what was it with those cryptic clues he kept giving out? If he just told them where the portal was, cause he always knew, he'd have saved alot of messing about and life-risking situations for the poor kids!
Sadistic little b*stard!

And Uni was just crap!
(Good cartoon, though!!)

Anyone remember Droids and Ewoks?

McNulty

You folk are really showing your ages with your choices of cartoons. Of course, I'm assuming that there are no forty year old boarders here that still watch "Teletubbies." We would be really into Fanboy territory there.

As for me, I enjoyed most of the cartoons of my day. Particular favourites were "Thundercats" and a cartoon called "Fangface". This was about a group of teens who went about solving spooky mysteries. I know that this sounds a bit familiar, but this was no "Scooby Doo" rip-off like "Clue Club", "Goober and the Ghost-Chasers" and "The New Adventures of the Shmoo" This one had a werewolf in it!
Alright, maybe the Fanboy crack was misdirected...

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

McNulty

Maybe this image will spark your memories...

http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/pictures/Fangface 01.GIF">

Queen Firey-Bou

Aaron Smurf Murphy

I still watch cartoons a lot now due to enjoying Anime so...

Slayers, Martian Sucessor Nadesico, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop (the last two are pretty much great take on SD bonuty hunter type stuff), Patlabor, Appleseed, Akira (When you watch this film you can't help but wanna yell "Tetsuooooo!!!" when it gets to the laser fights between afore mentioned character and Kaneda).  

Also various incarnations of Gundam and other series like Trigun, Rorouni Kenshin, Escflowne and Serial Experiments Lain.

There's a bit a good stuff from when I was a kid and actually supposed to be watching cartoons but it's mostly the 80's stuff already raised by you lot.

Finnigan Sinister

Woolly

Wasnt Fangface called something like Snaggletooth over here?
Y'know, like Marathons being called Snickers?

Mudcrab

Thought I'd chuck in my list:

Rhubarb
Ludwig
Chorlton and the Wheelies
Dungeons and Dragons
Battle of the Planets
Ren & Stimpy
Futurama

And yes, any cartoon based on any 2000ad folks would be fantastic. At least give it a try eh? Go ooooon, you know you want to. Manga style thing with loads of explosions and 'fast speeding past in the background bits' :o)

SD
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!